CZ-52 Firing Pin Change

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

coar15
    (12/27/02 1:54:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All CZ-52 Firing Pin Change
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone tell me the procedure for changing out the firing pin on a CZ-52? I have yet to find a good "shop" manual for one. Thanks!
    Colorado AR-15 Shooters Meet At: www.co-ar15.com

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/27/02 4:40:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: CZ-52 Firing Pin Change
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi coar 15.....welcome to TFF.

I can't tell you how to do it, but maybe this site does: www.bobtuley.com/cz-52/

If not, here's an owner's manual online: makarov.com/pdf/cz52d.pdf

......and here's one you can buy:

www.booktrail.com/Guns_Ha...Manual.asp

coar15
    (12/27/02 5:18:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: CZ-52 Firing Pin Change
    Thanks for the reply.

I got that same manual from makarov.com. It covers field stripping but no further disassembly. If I keep tinkering around with this thing I'm bound to figure it out, I just didn't want to screw anything up in the process!

Colorado AR-15 Shooters Meet At: www.co-ar15.com

neutercane
    (1/1/03 6:06:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del CZ-52 firing pin removal
    It's fairly easy to do. First do your chamber check, remove the magazine, and dismount the slide. I did it with the cap from a ball point pen. Cup the rear of the slide in your hand, pointing the muzzle skyward. Depress the end of the half-moon shaped firing pin retainer (located on the underside of the slide) with the tip of your pen cap and the firing pin should drop out in your hand. The retainer should then come out with its spring attached. Re-installing the firing pin is a bit tricky due to its odd shape (it almost looks like it's in the wrong gun!) and may need a bit of turning this way and that to ensure it is done properly. Hope this helps!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/1/03 9:33:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: CZ-52 firing pin removal
    Hi neutercane.....welcome to TFF.

Thanks for the info......always nice to see new guys bring their knowledge to our forums.

Hope you'll stick around and enjoy yourself.