1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

CZ 52 Magazine mod

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by LFH, Mar 26, 2009.

1. LFH

LFH New Member

Question is, can or has, anyone modded a CZ 52 mag to take 9 rounds?

Was playing with the new mag loader and noticed how much space was still in the bottom after loading the full 8 rounds. So, took the extra mag apart and it looks like the back edge of the follower could be trimmed just ever so slightly to hold a 9th round.

I left the follower out and actually loaded 10 rounds down on top of the spring and it seemed to have compressed ok, but 10 might be a stretch without really trimming on the follower.

Was just wondering if anyone has played with one before I go and ruin a magazine by playing for that 9th round.

Can you buy just a follower for one?

Thanks Gentlemen,
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I own a CZ-52 but becasue it's only a once in a while range gun I've never felt the need for more than 8 rounds, however I do have four magazines for it. Your gun, if it were mine I would just leave it alone and buy another magazine. JMO
  3. LFH

LFH New Member

It's not a question of need. Question was can/has anyone done it.

Thanks for your JMO

I have started slowly grinding away the long edge of the follower on my knife sharpening stone. Results will be interesting. Worse case, I will ruin one of my four magazines. No biggie.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Well, good or bad, let us know if it works.
  5. LFH

LFH New Member

The mod to 9 rounds went fine. May need some final tweaking after I do some shooting with it, but that won't happen for a few more weeks when I go turkey hunting.

Loaded 9 rounds, racked one into the chamber and loaded another in the mag.
    They all manually cycled just fine.

Would I do it again, no, probably not. But was a fun thing to amuse me with for a while. The mag still does just fine loading the normal 8 rounds.