CZ-70 .32 ACP Czech Police 1977

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rhuga, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I was checking thru the auctions and found this and its brothers on sale for $169.00. Has anyone ever tried them?
    I do remember some where on this great site where somebody said that the .32 is not as good as a .22 for hitting power. I assume that the .22 is loaded with high speed heavy grain bullets.

Any ideas?
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I have one that I carry in my truck. I'm one on of those who believe that placement is more important caliber. The CZ-70 is an improved CZ-50. I've no problems with mine, it has never missed a beat.
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I have one also. I believe it's an excellent little pistol. Fiocchi loads a hollow point for 32 acp that uses the Hornady XTP bullet. Much better than the fmj's for defense.
  4. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I have a couple of the 70's and one of the 50's. These little pistols are what got me into shooting the 32ACP round. Bought one from a guy who said it was worthless. Must not have been totally worthless he took $50 for it. I was out shooting and came across a radial tire that was not mounted on a rim. The tire was standing, facing me at 70 feet. I had fmj's loaded and shot the tire. Was expecting the bullet to bounce off the tread from all the hoopla made about how weak the round is. Instead I found it went completely through the tread and almost cleared the other side. Had I been standing at 60feet I am sure it would have gone all the way through. Now radial tires are hard to penetrate and this little bullet went through twice at 70 feet. I am confident it will penetrate a heavy coat, human skin and a few organs along the way at 10 feet (the range that most defensive shots are taken in real life situations)
    Great pistols definitely worth a look. I carry Speer Gold Dot in my 32ACP pistols, works great.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I've heard people compare the .25 ACP with the .22 LR (almost always in a flawed manner, by the way), but I don't think I've ever heard that comparison done with the .32 ACP. The .32 ACP is far more powerful than any current production rimfire round.
  6. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

As always I have come to depend on the information and advice from you folks. A big Thank You.

But does the CZ-70 take regular .32 ACP Ammo? Also, does it carry easily in an inside the waist band holster?
    If not what is the best holster for concealed carry?
    Because of its all metal construction it looks like in "very good" condition they should function very well. Any problems?
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  7. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

It will indeed ,take any 32 acp rounds.I just prefer Euro manufactured stuff. (slightly hotter) Nothing at all wrong with good old American ammo. It carries easily. It is similiar in size to the Walther PP-PPK series of pistols. Slim and does not print much in concealed carry. A good all around choice in this caliber. And the price does not reflect the value your getting for your money.
  8. neilin

neilin New Member

I have not had that model, but have owned a few CZ's over the years, and never had a problem with any of them. The .32, I believe has better stopping power than the .22, however, with either of these calibers, I feel shot placement is very important.
  9. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

I've owned three over the years - only one would reliably chamber hollow-point ammo - the other two choked on feeding them - tried a few brands. The 70 is a tight, well made gun - with excellent accuracy, if the crown is intact. Some of the earlier imports were extremely beaten and ill-used, examples of these early imports are the ones I had. Mine were all stolen back in 2003, and I haven't purchased another, but had the chance to handle a couple dozen in "the shop" - even replaced a main spring in one - a job way beyond my pay grade. Nice guns - a bit heavy compared to KelTec .32s, but the price seems right.
  10. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

To me the 32acp, the 9mm mak and the 380acp are good ccw carry pistols for small sized pistols. I carry a CZ82 in 9mm mak when i'm not packing my S&W 58 in 41mag.

I perfer the CZ pistols because of the double action on the first shot. Plus the dam things operate flawlessly too.

Most of the CZ surplus pistols that are imported now are unissued refurbs and in excellent condition too. I like the unissued one for the collection and the used condition one if they offer it to carry.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  11. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I am hoping to win on my football cards so that I can get a CZ-70 .32 Auto. Then I can get my CC Permit, extra ammo and a small of the back holster for it.
    I am really leaning toward a Bersa .380 ACP Auto. They are a fine weapon and I have not heard about any flaws concerning the design and manufacture of them. While at the Range I was able to try one. It had a great feel and pointed easily.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  12. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

SOB holsters are neat looking and are fine if you never intend to sit down.
  13. larryh1108

larryh1108 New Member

Wonderful gun but the DA pull has to be 15# or more. I liked it so much I bought some Marschal grips ($100) for it ($150).

Before:
    [​IMG]

After: (crappy picture)
    [​IMG]