The Firearms Forum banner

CZ 75 BD any good

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  abuch 
#1 ·
just considering a 9 and this is looking interesting. comments or suggestions most welcome.

#2 ·
very good ! You won't be disappointed. Josh will be along shortly and he's very happy with his. (I'm very happy to shoot it)
You looking at a gunshop or private sale?

#5 ·
You wouldn't be disapointed in any of the CZ line- up. They are amazing firearms for the price.

#7 ·
Dude a CZ75 is a BHP.. On steroids, and half the price. You wont be disappointed in them. Buy it, if you decide you dont like it ill buy it off you for what you paid for it. then you can get the BHP or whatever else. I bet cha money youll love it tho.

#8 ·
whizzer here, I have a CZ75 compact 9mm. I don,t think you will find a better pistol for the money. Shoots and handled very good. A lot of [pistols copied the CZ , Wife has a CZ 83.Son a CZ full size. I like the shape and design of the older CZ.s I don,t think You would go wrong with a CZ.They also make very fine rifles and shotguns.

#9 · (Edited)
I was looking for a 75 BD for home defense and for the range, but haven't found one yet

#10 ·
Is the Hi Power a Browning, or one of the clones? I love Hi Powers for the crisp single action trigger. I also love CZ's for their accuracy and rugged reliability.
If the Hi Power is a Browning, it will hold it's value better, if it's a clone, it won't.
You will have a great, dependable firearm either way you go. Handle both and buy the one that feels best in your hands and send us a pic when you have it.

#11 · (Edited)
Is the Hi Power a Browning, or one of the clones? I love Hi Powers for the crisp single action trigger. I also love CZ's for their accuracy and rugged reliability.
If the Hi Power is a Browning, it will hold it's value better, if it's a clone, it won't.
You will have a great, dependable firearm either way you go. Handle both and buy the one that feels best in your hands and send us a pic when you have it.
Hi Power is a Browning.

Here's some more info, and it talks about the different variants.

here

There is also an FEG clone from what I understand.

#14 ·
I wouldnt mind having another BHP. I had a clone early on. KBI FEG pistol. Identical twin of the BHP. I miss it.

#16 ·
My HP is a Charles Daly High Power (HP) clone. That was a mistake. I had sticker shock for the real Browning and went for the cheaper alternative. Bad choice.

The CD HP is highly polished and looks good but it had crummy non-target glow sights which I replaced with real target sights. The trigger was terrible mostly because of the mag safety which is now gone. I also did a trigger job on it to get a nice pull. I tried to put a universal HP target barrel on it but the barrel would not fit the CD HP as the locking lugs were enough different that it would not fit even though the manufacturer assured me it would. Finally, and this is not a CD HP problem but a design issue with the John Browning HP I think (??), I could not keep the hammer from biting my rather small hands. I shortened the commander style hammer to a short spur type and that fixed that problem. I could then grasp the gun further up the grip without fear of hammer bite. The gun is now very useful and shoots well. Except for the hammer biting, the Browning version may have been a better choice even though more expensive. I'd buy a highly polished Browning version in a flash if one comes my way.

LDBennett

#19 ·
I have always wanted a CZ75. Very hard to find though. I guess I'll have to keep looking. To the OP, you're in a good spot, whichever you decide you're getting a nice pistol. Good luck.

#20 ·
Just a side note from the OP. CZ is stopping all production of any two tone or stainless or nickel plated models after the first of the year. They are putting all their effort into the black poly coat models and the P08

#21 ·
Cheska Zbrojovka is an early 30s quality firearms manufacturer with a history of survival under the Nazis and the Russians. I have the BD in 9mm and it is very popular with military and police world wide. It is what I call a "craftsman tool" with kudos to Sears for the term. These hanguns are well made and designed to work hard. They are accurate if you can shoot. Their decocker works very well and the gun is all steel and the slide is made on a cnc machine which produces close tolerances. Look for reviews on the internet and the CZ Forum for a history of the company. Good shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.