CZ 75 Kadet

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by pawn, Apr 18, 2009.

1. pawn

pawn New Member

Hey Guys,

Just snagged a CZ 75 Kadet 22lr off of Budsgunshop "used" section. I very much enjoy shooting 22lr pistol, have a MKII 678 Target in Stainless and a MKIII Slab Side GC 678 Stainless. Seems like those Kadets are sort of hard to come by and @ 90-100% condition the price was $470.

Can't wait to play- I just seem to keep gravitating towards 22lr :eek:

~Pawn

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. 22dave

22dave New Member

After you shoot it, please let me know one thing. I have this gun and it rarely if ever locks the slide back and the action open after the last shot. It is well cleaned but not overly oiled.

Anybody else have this condition? I contacted CZ and they advised to store it with the slide back for a while to force the spring weaker.
  3. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Very nice looking piece. I'm with you on gravitating towards the .22s. I'm always looking to acquire more. I think I'd give in to the urge to get one like yours. Are the grips wood or plastic? TJ
  4. pawn

pawn New Member

Thanks Teejay9. I don't believe the grips are wood.
  5. pawn

pawn New Member

Pistol arrived to my FFL yesterday. Take down was a bit different than other pistols I own but fairly easy. Gave her a good cleaning and plan to do some plinking this afternoon.
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Post a report when you return!
  7. pawn

pawn New Member

Put about 250 rounds throught the Kadet. It is a solid, well balanced pistol. I was wondering if it would maybe have some FTE's but it functioned flawlessly. The action of the pistol is unlike others I own or have fired, I like it. I also like the adjustable rear sight, it has screw "click" type adjustments not unlike a scope's windage & elevation.

The trigger could be better. Reasonable amount of creep and shots break crisply at what I estimate to be ~ 4lb pull weight. Both my MK rugers have trigger jobs with very little creep and just over 2lbs of pull, so maybe I am spoiled. It was very windy today and it will take me some time to learn to "work the trigger" on the Kadet. My shooting could have been better :eek:

22dave, the slide did lock back after the last shot in each magazine.

All in all, I am very happy with this pistol. It is different from others I own and look forward shooting again very soon. :D

~pawn
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  8. 22dave

22dave New Member

Thanks Pawn. I may have to bother CZ about the problem. The thing is clean but just does not work. Heard about others with the same problem, may be the mag lip.

I have the MKII also and if you ever see the good reviews on the fast clip loader- believe them 100%. I have one and it is well worth the money.
  9. pawn

pawn New Member

Yes, I would give them a call, could be the mag. Thanks, I have an ultimate clip loader too and its worth every penny. As is the VQ extractor.