CZ 75 SP-01 and other CZ Stuff

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by AdamMO, Feb 20, 2011.

1. AdamMO

AdamMO New Member

I have a SP-01 that is fairly new. Its the all metel, non-decocker model. I absolutlely love this gun, its my favorite 9mm. THe trigger could use some work though. They say that they break in after 500 rounds. Has anyone else had luck with this? How are you liking your SP-01 and any other CZ's? I am a huge CZ fan and am soon looking to add either a CZ 82 and a regular 75 to the collection.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I picked up a CZ 75BD just a couple weeks ago. I've only put about 50 rounds through it (too cold to shoot as much as I would like), but my trigger was really pretty good right from the get-go. I do expect it to continue to get better.

This is my first CZ, but it won't be my last! I'm trying to decide between the 82 and the 2075 RAMI next... but it will be quite awhile before I make another handgun purchase. Next on my list is building an AR, and then (hopefully) getting into reloading.
  3. Kenjs1

Kenjs1 New Member

AdamMo -I have a similar CZ -a 40P. Trigger is still gritty and long but I shoot it better and better. So either it is improving (very slooooowly), or I am. Pretty typical with CZ's though. I have a 550 American rifle and the bolt is is still rough. I have tried to polish it, lube it etc.... It really depends on how you are holding the thing as to how smooth the bolt travels. CZ's aren't perfect but they offer so much in quality and features and few pistols feel anywhere close to as good in the hand as that P01. Oh- if you visit CZforums there is a great link for polishing the trigger components to smooth it out. I don't have the exact link handy but let me know if you can't find it and I will get it for you.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Dry fire the snot out of it. Clean it (remove the grips and spray clean it. pay close attention to the sear area. pull the trigger while spraying. , dry fire the snot out of it again. clean it then light oil in the sear area and along the trigger bar and frame. The gritty feeling usually comes from the trigger bar dragging on the frame.
    I did this with my 75B. My 75 CWC is going to be all smoothed out by hand.
    I have a CZ 83 also. Best small handgun ever. Trigger is smooth like butter. SA is crisp.
    I have a P01 right now in from the range. It too is tempting to buy but the grips gotta go. They'll rip the skin off your hands.
  5. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

I tend to over do it with break in on steel pistols. I tend to clean, lube and then rack the slide a couple thousand times. I also spend a couple week practicing trigger control with snap caps. Not only is it good practice but you get to learn where the trigger breaks, etc.

You should be fine after 500 rounds and I have pistols where the trigger is only getting better 10k later.