CZ-75 spur hammer, will it bite you?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by BulletArc47, Dec 6, 2012.

1. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

I'm eager to change the round hammer on my CZ-75B (If CZ-USA will ever receive a shipment!:mad:) to a spur hammer, and I'm wondering if it's prone to giving the user hammer bites. Anybody have ant experiences?

Edit--

I posted the same thread in the center-fire pistol and revolver forum, but began to wonder if that was the right place, so I apologize for the redundant post.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I have a cold war commemorative that had a spur hammer. When I did have it on there, I never had a issue with it, its to far forward in the grip to get your hand like the 1911 could. I replaced the hammer with a SA hammer when I rebuild the gun. If I can find the old spur hammer, its yours.
  3. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

I would really appreciate it. Just PM me.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

If helix cant find his Ill send you mine for your ring hammer. I bobbed my spur hammer just a little because it did indeed bite. But I have rather large hands.

heres mine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

JLA that is one salivating CZ! The grips and the trigger contrasted on the smooth black CZ finish, damn!:D
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thanks man. Helix and I bought our CWC 75s at the same time. His is only a couple serials higher than mine is. He went dang near full race with his. I went more tactical. But both are tack shooters. I have been wanting a Ring hammer for quite awhile tho..
  7. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Would love too see Helixs' too:D, by the way where did you get those mugs?
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I had them made
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

JLA, those grips, are there any Browning Hi-power flavored ones? Meant to ask earlier and forgot. Those would go great with my BHP, the Pachmyer's are OK but hard to work the safety.

the metal grips would look beautiful. just a quick though, not trying to hi-jack your thread Bullet. :D
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

No they are Hogue Extreme billett aluminum grips for the CZ75-85, EAA witness, and Israeli Tangfoglios.

I do believe they offer Billet aluminums for the BHP though. and if they dont Alumagrip does. But the Alumagrips dont have as sharp of checkering.
  11. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Here's mine. Hard chrome slide, nickel frame, ring hammer, flat SA trigger.
    And PM me your address, I found the spur hammer.

Attached Files:

12. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

That star near the muzzle is cool. Love those sights too, Real nice!:D Did you make that hammer?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  13. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

makes my plain black cz look fugly.. ;)

I must say, I never thought I would like an aluminum grip though.. untill I just got my sig p238.. it has aluminum grips and I love them.
  14. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The Star is on all the cold war commemorative, Also all the writing on the side is in Russian. the sights are made by LPA/PSI. The hammer is originally from a Tangfoglio race gun.
  15. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

CZs don't bite , HiPowers and 1911s do .