CZ-75 Upgrades

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JLA, Jun 2, 2012.

1. RuffLock

RuffLock New Member

How much would a trigger job like that cost if sent to a gunsmith, including parts (rough estimate)? I bought a CZ 75 SP01 earlier this year and have found it be a fun shooting gun, and very accurate. However, I hate the trigger. It is so sharply curved that it becomes painful to shoot after 100 rds or so. Also, I've never been too big a fan of heavy DA trigger pulls, but have become "accustomed" to them because of my duty weapon (SigSauer P229 - which I've never shot as well as others in my collection).

Is it possible to just drop in a different style trigger? Or would that require extensive work on the trigger bar and sears as well? Just curious, because I bought this gun with competition usage in mind originally.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The flat triggers usually convert the action to SA only. CZ does have a tactical trigger that is less curved and still keeps the DA SA option. Trigger jobs on them depend on whos doing the work. Some smiths are more accustomed to the action than others. They are not a easy action to work with. I charge 110.00. The tactical trigger is an additional cost.
  3. RuffLock

RuffLock New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll have to think on that one. Not sure if I want to convert it strictly to SA or not. I've got my Spartan 1911 9mm for that. Does the tactical trigger install modify the pull pressure on the DA/SA any?
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The feel is different but the weights are the same.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yep. the straight trigger makes the feel lighter. because it spreads the force required to press the trigger out a bit. I get the sharp curve too. Thats why i changed it.
  6. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Very nice looking CZ JLA. I too have a 75 but mine is the Compact and I love it, the thing is a tack driver. I recently had a trigger job done to mine from my local smith. He does fantastic work and lightened up my DA to 7.5 lbs. and my SA to 4.5 lbs. I didn't want to go any lighter for daily carry purposes, now the gun feels 100% better. It's amazing what a trigger job will do for these guns.

I got a set of those Hogue wrap around grips as well although they don't make them for the compact. I had to work on them a bit to make them fit, I think they turned out well and make the gun feel like it was made for my hand.

[​IMG]
  7. juniorz417

juniorz417 New Member

Ive been trying to find someplace where I can get a match grade barrel or an extended ported barrel for my CZ 75B. Do you have idea, where I can get one? Me and my friend would greatly appreciate it.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member