CZ 75BD

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by CampingJosh, Feb 8, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

OK, so I finally made up my mind, put down my money, and got a new pistol. :)

I went with a CZ 75BD ("D" = decocker) with the polycoat finish. It feels great in my hand, and it sure is pretty. :D

I haven't fired it yet (it was dark when I got home with it... and IU is playing right now... so look for a "quick" range report to be posted later:D this evening).

Anyway, just one quick picture for now.

CZ 75BD.JPG
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Looking good Josh, give us a full report soon. Hope you can find all your brass in this darn snow though, and more coming for us too:mad:

If that groundhog was lying to us I'm taking the Swift after him...:D
  4. CampingJosh

Actually, the brass was a breeze to find. The snow has completely iced over, so all the brass stayed right on top. :D

I only fired 5 rounds, one hand at 15 yards (other hand was holding the flashlight). They all stayed on paper (an 8.5" x 11"), and I'm not a particularly skilled pistol shooter yet, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Definitely need to find time to fire it some more, though. Maybe tomorrow? I hope so.
  5. polishshooter

Lucky YOU didn't ice over Josh!:eek: What's the wind chill tonight 5 or 10 below, I forget:cool:

Your pistol shooting generally improves when your trigger finger isn't numb...;)
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  6. CampingJosh

This week hasn't been too bad for me. Last week we were without water from Monday night (when we lost power) until late Thursday afternoon (when I finally got everything with the well thawed out). Wife kept going to Knightstown to shower at a friends house. I just got to act like I was camping--and since I only left the camp once, it wasn't a stretch! :D

I have a range set up that I can shoot from our dining room if my wife isn't around, but I haven't had to resort to that yet.
  7. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Josh, your gonna love it. The only real problem I have with either of mine is the sights. They aint bad but I get spoiled by my other guns that have better sights. Get some LPI sights. (Brownells calls them PSI, same manufacturer) Well worth the money.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Good looking piece Josh. Let me know how it shoots. I was thinking about getting one of these. I wanted an H&K USP in 9, but I don't think it would be a great pistol if I ever wanted to CC it if they legalized it here in Wisconsin. (USP is a thick gun compared to a CZ75).

I hear these things are pretty darn accurate too.
  9. polishshooter

Hey Josh! I was flipping through an American Handgunner Annual from 1985 and they had an article on the CZ-75!

Called it "among the best 9mm autoloader designs of all time" a cross between the DA of the P-38 with an otherwise straight Browning design of the Hi-Power.

Just be glad you weren't buying one back then though, with the import restrictions and everything, they were selling for $700-1000 each, in 1985 Dollars!:eek::D

Heck, not that I'm an 9mm Para fan or anything but if I HAVE to get one someday I may have to check one out.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  10. CampingJosh

I didn't have to put out quite $500 for it (and that's in 2011 dollars :D), so I think I did OK.

Even if you don't HAVE to get one someday, you still ought to check it out. I mean, I'm only 15 minutes down the road. When we don't have groups here, we can shoot on my "range," which most people would simply call their front yard. :)
  11. polishshooter

I was thinking the same thing. I can shoot pistols and .22s in my back yard, but I generally go over to the state range at Quakertown which is about 10 minutes east for my rifle shooting.

You should check it out. They have covered 10, 25, 50 and 100 yard ranges with berms between, with concrete tables at 100, and last year were talking about adding a 200 yd rifle range and possibly a place to shoot trap with your own trap..

The other thing is it is supervised, so you don't get the yahoos and hilljacks abusing it like they did to all the state ranges years ago when they almost shut them down.

For $3.00 a day or free with a state parks pass it's a good deal.
  12. CampingJosh

I haven't looked at shooting ranges over here at all. I was a member at Atterbury for a year, but I lived about 10 minutes from it then.

I'm on 70 acres here, and I have some good hillsides (30+ feet high) to shoot into, though I'm currently without any centerfire rifles (which I NEED to remedy, but we've been focused on getting rid of all our debt).
    I don't shoot clays out here because I don't want the mess. The Rush Co. Conservation Club has trap ranges about 4 miles from me, and they're open to the public on Tuesday and Friday evenings. I need to get over there more.

But yes, I do think I need to check out Quakertown. Living on the property here is a great deal, but it also means that even my recreation time is spent "at work." I need to get away sometimes.
  13. polishshooter

Is it the Trap range I drive by on 44 just before I get to Rushville?

I need to find a close place to shoot skeet or trap, that might be the ticket! I'm not all that good and I don't have top of the line equipment but I do OK and have fun doing it. Plus the 97 is a ball on Skeet:p

I thought they were private.
  14. CampingJosh

Yeah, it's the one there on 44. I thought they were private, too, so I stopped in to see what it would take to join. I was told you don't have to join to shoot. Just $6 per round.

Just stop in sometime when you see people there, or show up on a Tuesday night. When the weather is good, people start shooting on Tuesdays around 3 PM and they go until dark, even in the summer.

I'll try to stop in again this week to make sure the rules haven't changed; it's been several months since I've been out there.