CZ 82 advice...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by polishshooter, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Yosemite

Yosemite New Member

Mine shoots the 7.62 x 25.
  2. pawn

pawn Active Member

VZ 82 is C&R money well spent IMHO, especially if you are a fan of 9mm mak.
  3. whatugawkinat

whatugawkinat New Member

The CZ-82 was the first handgun I every shot or owned. And at $12.75 for a box of 50 Silver Bear 9x18 Mak. from my local tactical supply shop, you can't beat it. The gun itsself was a gift from my dad so I'm not planning on getting rid of her anytime soon. Now considering you're not new to handguns, I will get straight to the point.

-Price may vary, $140 gun only for me. But depending on the condition and how bad you want one, that's not a bad price.
    -Ergonomics...compared to the only two handguns I've shot since my CZ, it fit's like a glove and shoot's as if it's part of me. I'm 5'4'' by the way, so your average Joe calls a CZ a CCW gun, I call mine a Howitzer :D But for my hands, it looks like a full sized handgun, but couldn't fits beautifully.
    -Functionality...The CZ82 has an ambidextrous mag. release...perfect for me because my thumb won't easily reach the left release, so I have to use my trigger finger. The fixed barrel and polygonal design allows for quick easy cleaning, accuracy and a good sturdy feel. Not to mention the 12 +1 magazine is a plus.
    -Ease of Maintenance...With one click of the trigger guard and a swift pull-back of the slide, the spring pressure pushes the slide off like butter on a hot biscuit and from there cleaning is a breeze. I haven't owned mine all that long, so I haven't completely disassembled it yet, so no promises of ease there yet.

The ONLY issue I have, and this may be a batch issue, previous owner abuse, or a known bug...but my magazine release is a B****. With a few rounds in, it will drop effortlessly, full or empty...you gave to pull it out manually. It could either be the magazine being bulged out when stacked, the mechanism locking up, or the grips too tight and catching it.

Other than that, my CZ-82 has out-preformed me countless times, and from it's show of perfection, I'm quite a fan of mine and am interested in owning more CZ products. But a firearm is a personal choice and as cheesy as it sounds, you don't choose the gun, the gun chooses you. You can go buy the latest and greatest glock everyone raves about, and a week later be pissed off and miserable because something just sin't right. Just with my CZ, the second I grabbed it...I knew it was mine :p
  4. Yosemite

Yosemite New Member

Only field strip it to clean it. That's all you really need to do. Any further and you will have a nightmare! Springs galore, and a bear to put back together. Great gun! Really like mine !
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I shot a CZ 82 last weekend and it went through 50 rounds of Wolf w/o a jam. Accuracy was acceptable and I suspect I will improve as I get used to it. The CZ 82 is not as comfortable to shoot nor as accurate to shoot as my E. German Mak., but it's still a fine handgun and well worth adding to your collection.
  6. zakar4evr

zakar4evr New Member

I have owned and trade over 20 of these cz82 pistols and there top of the line guns in my opinion.The ones that have alot of there original finish i get and just refinish them.For the price there hands down the best value I have ever come across...

Zakar
  7. lilmule

lilmule New Member

They are currently over 200 bucks anywhere,most at mid range near 250.
    As is it and the pa63 while they have stiff da triggers can be used as is,spring kits do still enhance.Being small I dont like double stack mags,so opted for a Pa63.
    9x18 mak is a snappy round but not that overpowering in my 20 1/2 oz pistol its easy to control.
    Smaller the p64 its trigger is virtually unusable until the spring kits get installed and being smaller it does pack more into the web of hand,plus those with large paws tend to get them in the way of things-slide bite etc.
    The cz 82 is still a good guy and a dependable firearm.
  8. bob2231

bob2231 New Member

I bought 1 for $210 about a year ago,and I'm pretty sure it was unfired.
    The only problem I've had is that it doesn't like HPs.
    I had to go through several before I found 1 that it likes,and they're a bit expensive.
    Hornady Critical Defense,around $20/box of 25.
  9. laserdoc

laserdoc New Member

I have four CZ 82's and love them all. 3 I had refinished and one I carry in the glove box of my jeep that is stock. All my handguns are CZ'z and I fell in love with them after searching for the best 9mm to have. This search led me to the CZ. The history behind the company is way to cool!!!. You need to go here for all the CZ 82 info you need. Also they are really not that hard to work on just take your time and go slow. The thing about military pistols,,,they were not fired much. At least the 4 of mine were not!!! Got to love them big time!!! They will eat anything you shoot through them. And you talk about one easy gun to strip and clean!

These have a new 16 pound recoil spring,Hi viz fiber optic sights and the extended mag base plate. The cheap Russain ammo shoots a bit dirty but is the best to shoot out of it. You will not be sorry if you get one. If you can still find them!! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013