The Firearms Forum banner

CZ finally off my wish list!

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  howlnmad 
#1 ·
Just picked up the CZ 75 sp01 9mm this weekend and had a chance to give it a thorough shakedown. This version is the "tactical" and comes with an ambi- de-cocker instead of a safety and has tritium night sights. It also came with two 18 round mags. I took it home and gave it a good scrubbing and then out to the range.

I fed it a pretty good mix of 115 and 125 grain rounds, both full power and reduced loads. I even fed it some xtp's that were on the warm side; all fed and fired without any glitches whatsoever. All told I put at least 250 rounds through it, all reloads, no problems.

First impressions are very good. The gun is heavy and this really eats up the recoil. Under single action the trigger is good, but there is creep to get to the end. It did feel the smallest bit gritty at first, but with firing that totally went away.

With familiarity I was able to group the last 18 rounds into about 3" at 15 yards; this done seated but not supported. It does have great potential to be super accurate, certainly at a level of accuracy that surpasses my shooting skills. Clean up was pretty easy and on par with my 1911, however there were quite a few "exposed" small movable parts that make up the trigger and de-cocker groups that may be difficult to keep clean over time. I'm guessing that periodic spray downs with a solvent like Hornady's one shot will probably take care of the small pieces, followed up with some rem oil or equivalent. Any ideas are certainly welcome.

All told I'm super happy with the purchase. My intentions were to find a handgun that the whole family could shoot without worrying about recoil and this should fit the bill.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have one just like it and love it. If you need any aftermarket parts,(springs etc) CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works are two good places to start.

#8 ·
81 years, and never found a good reason for a "decocker"!
And never, ever had a "slip"!
I just don't like the extra mechanicals.
But then, I never "thumb them down", just put a finger in front of the hammer, wedge in in good and let it start down, take my finger off the trigger and let it go to half cock.

But you said, "family", so you likely do have a good reason.

#11 ·
I love my CZ 75B
The only problem with it, is with me and not the gun.
I have gorilla hands and cannot easily work the slide like I can on a Glock or similart taller slide.

I do think that since the CZs slide sits so far down in the frame, it gives the gun better recoil characteristics and makes it easier to stay on target

#12 ·
Glad your CZ is serving you well 3 years after the fact. I've had mine about that long and it's never failed to fire. It is my primary "on hip" carry 70% of the time (Colt Commander is my other "on-hip" carry the other 30% of the time) It is a decocker model. Basically in double action mode the first trigger pull, then Semi auto singl action after that. I still have a habit of sweeping the decocker with my thumb as though it's a safety like the 1911 but that's okay! Doesn't do anything except remind me "No safety, dummy".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.