CZ Kadet 22 pistol

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by showme 22, Jan 25, 2009.

1. showme 22

showme 22 New Member

I'd like to hear from folks that has the CZ Kadet pistol . I hear alot of good stuff on the conversion kit but what I'm interested in is the dedicated 22 pistol. I found a new one at a pretty good price and like the feel and the fact it is an all steel gun'
    Thanks Coop
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge the Kadet pistol is nothing more than the CZ75B lower with the Kadet 22LR conversion stuck on the top of it. Anyone who has the conversion is making the exact same comments as the complete pistol, as far as I know.

That being said, I have the conversion on the CZ75B frame (40 S&W originally). The conversion is excellent. It fits the gun well. Mine required nothing in the way of modification to drop it onto the gun's frame but some here reported minor fitting to be required whidh is covered in the instruction that come with the conversion unit. It is accurate mostly because the sights and the barrel are both firmly attached to the frame when assembled and only a small bolt moves in recoil. CZ75B triggers are tactical in nature meaning the pull level is above that found on most 22LR target pistols with creep and over travel. If you are after tactical practice this is no problem. If you are going to compete in bullseye or do real target shooting the trigger MIGHT be intrusive to you but the CZ responds fairly well to a trigger job. The trigger stiil would then be NOT as good as a real 22LR target gun as the reset of the trigger requires a loose setting on the over travel adjustment of an after market trigger.

I think the combination of a centerfire frame and upper and the 22LR conversion unit a better way to go then just the Kadet pistol alone. CZ handguns are awesome. For a few more bucks you get both a superb centerfire handgun and a respectable 22LR conversion that shoots very well indeed.

LDBennett
  3. Hankster

Hankster New Member

CZ's ARE awesome!! I have a CZ75BD. Love it. By Brother tried it.... bought a .40 cal model (can't remember # offhand) then sold off his Beretta 92 AND kimbers.... he has FOUR different CZ's now. Swears by em also. They are a rather "unknown" to a lot of people, but more are finding out, as the rise in price has shown. Got mine NIB for 359.00 a few years back... now?? Thier rifles are great too!!