CZ Model 47 in 635

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sgtredsox, Apr 28, 2008.

1. sgtredsox

sgtredsox New Member

I just inherited 9 guns, 3 shotguns, 3 rifles, 3 pistols. I have a question concerning a small pistol. It is a CZ with a 47 on the left trigger guard area and a 635 in a circle on the slide also on the left side. All other markings are in Czech. It was loaded with 25 cal ammo when I found it. It seems to be in pretty good shape...minor pitting rust in several areas. The slide moves easily and expells a round as normal.

What can anyone tell me about the gun? It is very small (Palm Size) and I thought of teaching my wife to defend herself with it (if it is safe). What is it worth? How do I know what ammo to use? Any help is appreciated...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The caliber is .25 auto. These are excellent guns, and were what the Seecamps were modeled on. The gun is double action only.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi sgtredsox.....welcome to TFF. :)

Bill has it right. Your pistol is a CZ Model 1945.

Caliber is .25 Auto (also known as .25ACP and 6.35mm); it's a double-action-only; and about 60,000 were manufactured between 1945 and 1949.

The Standard Catalog of Firearms values it at:

Exc. - $350
    V.G. - $300
    Good - $250
    Fair - $175
    Poor - $125

Yours appears to be in Fair condition.
  4. sgtredsox

sgtredsox New Member

Thanks for all the info.....that is awesome. Do you think it is safe?
  5. Xracer

It probably is. .25ACP is a pretty low pressure round.

BUT.....with any older gun (especially one in only Fair condition), it's always best to have it checked out by a gunsmith before shooting.

Hope you'll stick around.....we need more Red Sox fans here! :D:D:D

Xracer
    (New Englander transplanted to Minn-eeee-sota)
  6. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Off topic:

Another sox fan - still here in MA (ughhh)
  7. sgtredsox

sgtredsox New Member

Thanks for all the help. I LOVE the Sox. Was at Fenway for the Yankees series 11-13 APR. Took about 14 days leave and about 1/2 my months pay...but it was worth every darn penny. I went and got the 2008 Std Catalog of Firearms that you guys were talking about....MUCH appreciated.

Fisk
  8. Xracer

When I was a teenager, the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad used to run special excursion trains up to Boston for the Sox & Braves games. Got to see Williams, Doerr, Pesky, (Dom) DiMaggio, Birdie Tebbits, Tommy Holmes, Earl Torgeson, Spahn, Sain....all of the Boston greats play.

Ah......those were the days!!!! :D