CZ Rifles

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by trooper10173, Mar 20, 2006.

1. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

Leave Ruger alone. Ruger has some quality control issues and their customer no-service department made me so mad that if I had been in the same room with them I would probably be in prison. I bought a .22-250 from them that had a bent chamber. It is a mystery to me how you could possibly accomplish this. I can not conceive how you could achieve a bent chamber, but those block heads did it. When I called customer service, they told me that if it shoots factory ammo they were not doing anything about it. By the definition of shoot, it did just that, but it would not hit the broad side of a barn. They did not seem to care about that. They then told me how my shooting reloads had voided the warranty. Now, I put Ruger on my list of JUNK to avoid at all cost. Everybody has their screw ups, but fix them when they happen. Do not stick the customer with your mistake.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I agree. The Quality of CZ is unreal. The only problem I have had from them was a wooden stock on a CZ550 American. It would not hold Zero until I re-bedded it and re-floated it. That can happen with anybody's wood stocks so I do not hold that against them.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

NEVER EVER tell the manufacturer of a gun that you intend to return for repair that you reload for it. Every instruction book for guns that I have ever seen clearly says the warrantee is void if you shoot reloads.

But how could the chamber be bent? The chamber is reamed by a rotating cutter. There is no way the chamber could have a crook in it from poor reaming. Now if someone bent the barrel when they installed the barrel in the receiver that might be possible. Ruger should know this and common sense would dictate that it must have been done at assembly not from shoting reloads.

I have a few Ruger guns, both revolvers and rifles but none have ever had to go back for repair. My single shots are not very accurate due to a design flaw in how the front handguard is mounted. My Model 77 in 243 never shot all that well so I re-barreled it and it does bette now. My Volquero Bisley doesn't shoot to point of aim. Ruger is not on the top of my list.

LDBennett
  4. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I have no idea how the chamber was bent. That is the mystery to me. I cut chambers in rifles myself. In my mind, it is a physical impossibility to manufacture a rifle with a bent chamber. I have had problems with a Remington 700 that came from the factory with an oversized chamber. I sent them my fired reloaded ammo that had split case shoulders. I told them what the load was, and they were cool about it. They re-barreled the rifle with no questions asked. They did not in the least bit care I was shooting handloaded ammo in my rifle.
    Back to the Ruger rifle. The only thing I can possibly imagine is that for some reason they had to heat the barrel and take it off during the mfg. process. I bent the chamber in an ultra light vanguard rifle doing this. I actually bent a lot more than the chamber, but that is beyond the scope of this discussion. I was trying to get the barrel off a 7mm rem mag to ream it to 7STW and it would not come off. A lot of heat and a big pull bar later, we had a bent chamber and ended up going back with a custom barrel. I talked to a highly respected rifle builder that told me he had bent the action on several vangards trying to get the barrel off, but he had never bent the barrel. :):) Howa obviously does a good job of screwing their barrels on.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  5. okiefired

okiefired New Member

CZ's reputation has been climbing steadily for several years now (as it should) along with the price. They continue to be a bargin. I have a 24.8" barreled 452 (22lr) scoped, my pard has a 223 chambered set trigger, both are lazers. I'm lookin to buy a 30'06 in a lighter weight for hunting in the next year.....thinkin it will be a CZ. Buy with confidence.

okie

edited to say I just noticed how old this thread is. :eek:
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

The best deal going is from CMP. They have Kimber, Remington, and Anschutz rifles you can buy cheap. I have bought some of all of the above from them in the past couple of years.
  7. nomad2010

nomad2010 New Member

Reynolds357 - I had a Remington 700 that the neck of the chamber was too short.