cz rifles?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by williamw3218, Jan 1, 2007.

1. williamw3218

williamw3218 New Member

What do u guys think of the cz rifles?.Im not sure if they are popular in the states, but here in Ireland they are.They are fairly cheap and if u look after it prorerly it will last u a lifetime,they never let u down!.They look good too either in the wood finish or synthetic with the sports barrell. The cheaper american rifle are starting to become popular here[savage,marlin etc].Ihave fired lots of these guns lately and find them very good guns and a comfortable gun to handle.
  2. rangerruck

rangerruck New Member

cz is well known here in the states for , dare I say it, getting your money's worth, and more. they are noted not just for their beauty, but their exceptional out of the box accuracy. Most dudes here know that, if you cant' afford a cooper, or kimber, or Anschutz, or the like, you can still get a mighty fine , very accurate shooter with a cz. I've got 4 myself.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I really like the CZ's with the adjustable ladder sights
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

There is a forum for CZ rimfires on http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/

You will find that those there think very highly of the CZ rimfires and any CZ in general. I personally have many CZ firearms and NONE are a disappointment. ALL are better than anything else available for the same money.

LDBennett
  5. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT New Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I have a CZ in .204 Ruger.....I love it....deadly accurate.......

The "single set trigger" just adds to what is all ready a great weapon.
  6. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

William: I agree that CZ guns are excellent quality. Not too many USA shooters know about them, as they are quite recent here in the States. CZs weren't imported to the USA until the 1990's. They don't yet have the reputation enjoyed by Browning and Beretta and Walther.

In time I'm sure they will attract a large following.
  7. beammeupscotty

beammeupscotty New Member

Some of us Americans know about and love the CZ line of firearms, not just the rimfire but the centerfire and pistol line as well. I personally own 4 rimfire rifles, one centerfire rifle and two semi auto pistols and every single one of these firearms are exceptional values and all are very accurate.

I love CZs.
  8. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I now have 7 CZ rimfires and 2 centerfire rifles. Pretty well know here in the states now, I think their rimfires got them a lot of word of mouth customers for their centerfires.
  9. MarkC

MarkC New Member

I've owned my CZ 527 Kevlar .223 for about two weeks now. Fired about 100 rounds through it. Some of my loads result in .3" groups and some of my poor groups (when using junk bullets) are 1.2". This was done using just a bipod and my shoulder... can't wait to see what will happen with proper rest and a box full of bullets that my 527 really likes.

I also purchased the 452 American .22LR for my brother-in-law for Christmas. We didn't really get to test it from the bench, but from what I've read, it should be a shooter, and it's a beauty.

In my limited experience, I think the CZ that I own is amazing. I can't wait to get another CZ... I'm hooked!
  10. stash247

stash247 New Member

CZ/Brno makes no junk.
    I have a Brno built, "Made in UAR" stamped rifle, produced in 1957, with Czech proofs, that came to me from Navy arms, 20 some years ago, for $79.
    The Leupold scope on this rifle cost more than the gun.
    It will shoot 1" groups, at 100 yds, with good ammo, consistantly, so, has never seen the inside of my house; it stays in the truck, 24/7, because I can count on it's performance.
    I fell in love with this marque, years ago, when the only way they came into the country was via military rod and gun club sales, or thru Canada.(The 'cold war' years).
    I have bought several of their rifles, in calibers from .22 LR, to .458 Winmag, and sold but one, that a 'mercy' kind of deal, to a friend.
    Does this sorta answer your question?
  11. ravens one

ravens one New Member

I have a local smith that makes a parts for my 452 that makes my tigger fully adjustable for take up and overtravel and its easy to install and makes a world of change to my triggers if intrested please e-mail for address,for alittle money and time anyone can install it
  12. stash247

stash247 New Member

Ravens one, it would have to be cheap, as it has been done, and cheaply, before. One tapped hole, a change of spring, and a bit of stone work, and the trigger is under two pounds, clean as glass, no overtravel.
    But, it is a fine rifle, worth well over twice it's price, as a shooter.
  13. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

I have two CZ 452 rifles, and two CZ 527's.
    All four are more accurate than I could have asked for.
    They are very FINE rifles.

Don
  14. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Like the others here have said, I bought myfirst 452 lux in 96, and have 4 in my rack right now. Of course none of them will ever be for sale, as they are ALL keepers! ;):DOnly hope to add a few more Brno's to them. Best reguards Kirk