CZ-USA Shotguns

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Bubblehead, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Is anyone familiar with the CZ-USA line of shotguns? I'm particularly interested in the Redhead Deluxe. I have no experience with this brand so any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
  2. doubleslover

doubleslover Member

I have a CZ canvasback o/u in 20 gauge and a ringneck sxs in 12 gauge. Mine have been no problem but granted I have not shot them much yet. I believe they are quite well made guns for the money. Wood to metal fit on mine are very good and the wood is quite nice on both. Some of the early guns before 2005 had firing pin problems but I believe that has been corrected as most people that have the newer guns are quite pleased with them. The first 2 numbers of the serial number is the year the gun was made. Each gun is made frame specific to gauge so the handling and weight ratio is quite nice. Of course that doesn't guarentee the gun will fit you. They also have a 5 year warranty. If you want a gun for doing lots of trap or skeet shooting, then I'm not sure how they will stand up to thousands of rounds in a short time. But you must remember these are guns that are under a thousand dollars for many of the models. But as I stated, I feel they are good value for the money.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

My Canvas back in 12 gage is a 2004 Model. About the firing pin problems. What were they specifically? Mine has not yet show any problem but it has not been shot that much. Was there a factory recall? Did "all" eventually develop the problem or only some? Did heavy usage speed up the problem.

LDBennett
  4. doubleslover

doubleslover Member

As far as I know, they had a tendency to break on earlier guns, of course causing a no fire condition. There was no recall although I heard CZ would send new firing pins. Apparently, they didn't all break. There are some who have fired quite a number of rounds with earlier guns with no problem so it was a hit and miss situation. None have broke on my guns but as I said, they haven't been used much at all. It also isn't supposed to be that big of a job to replace the pins. I think I read somewhere about making sure the gun is broke all the way open and the firing pins retracted before closing the action.
  5. repair man

repair man New Member

i have cz fireing pins for sale and i also as a licensed gunsmith repair cz firearms, please call 8044433193 ask for albert.
  6. armoredman

armoredman New Member

CZ-USA shotguns are not made by CZ or in the Czech Republic, they are Huglu, made in Turkey, a country with a fine gun making tradition. I have one CZ shotgun, a CZ 712 Utility , 12 gauge semi-auto with extended magazine tube and ALS adjustable stock. So far, it rocks. :)
    The others I hear good things about - come over to czfirearms.us, we do have some users of the doubles and such in the shotgun section.
  7. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I have a CZ O/U with double triggers which are a bit stiff when New ,but the build quality is excellent

Attached Files:

8. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

This is my Huglu (CZ brother) , Love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]