CZ452bolt. My latest creation!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by da357mag, Feb 5, 2011.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

I have been doing more jeweling and gaining more experience. This is my latest bolt. It took 4 trys to get a drill press that was any good!:eek: I tried Harbor fright and went through 3 drill presses and they all had bad spindle bearings! (the spindle holds the chuck) I finally ended up getting one at a pawn shop, and tha is what I use now! this is how they come out now,[​IMG],
    I think it looks better than the first bolt I did, which was the bolt for my rifle.
    This is a bolt I did for a member on rimfire central. He has a nice looking full stock cz452, and he is quite happy with it!:D If this looks interesting to you. PM me, or email: marshda56@yahoo.com My rates are quite reasonable, as it takes around 5 hours to do one bolt! I will be happy to fill in the details! Thanks for looking! Doug
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

That looks really good. I tend to leave my firearms pretty plain, but that makes for one good looking bolt.

The only thing I can't figure out is why you kept bothering with Harbor Freight. Everything in that store is overpriced for the quality, and their prices are CHEAP.
  3. ozo

ozo Active Member

Nice work, mag.
    Guns are macho, and pretty isn't.......but it's pretty !
  4. da357mag

da357mag New Member

What it was originally used for was to give a surface more area to let lube "cling" to. If you were to look at it magnified it would look like small "valleys" if you will. Therefore more surface area. It also just happens to look good! I learned this from a gunsmith when I was living in Arizona, he was a mechanical engineer as well. So I did some more study, and it confirmed what he had told
    me! So it does two things at once.:D Doug

The only thing I can't figure out is why you kept bothering with Harbor Freight.

Your right, I did learn a lesson!:eek: DA
    BTW: Remington 700s are macho, and they have jeweled bolts!:D DA
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011