CZ52 magazine questions. Life expectancy /plinking/ 5 rounds to a mag. Please help.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Remington597, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

As many of you know, I enjoy and own several CZ52's. Its one of my favortie pistols and it was obviously not designed for plinking, but I enjoy putting at least 50 rounds through each one at the range here every week. I found a local gun shop hole in the ground who has good deals on 7.62 x 25 Tokarev ammo. He sells military surplus ammo that is 20 to a box for $4.99 and he also sells Sellier & Bellott that is 50 to a box for $12.99. I think thats good on both counts, I get a mixture of each.
    The problem is with the magazines. They were obviously poorly constructed and fall apart after about 300 rounds each. It is to be expected, since they were not designed for such consistent and compressed time use. I have tried to limit my load to 5 rounds at a time in a mag, but the result is obvious. I am looking to purchase a bunch of these at a good price. Where would be the best place to get these mags cheap , like at least 5 at a time. Any suggestions, and also any suggestions to improve the life of the magazines that I didn't mention. Many thanks.