CZ70

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Shootnfan
    (3/5/02 12:51:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All CZ70
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted to see if anyone out there has had any experience with one of the CZ70 pistols that are on the market now. The price is right and the .32 caliber is interesting to me. Are they durable and how do they shoot? Would it be a good choice to throw in the tackle box??? Thanks...

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/6/02 8:59:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: CZ70
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have not heard any bad things bout the CZ70 but I do not own one...yet. I would recommend an alternative however.
    Pick up a Makarov or a PA63. The price is similar and the 9x18 Mak cartridge or the .380 provide a little more mouse gun than the .32 . They are deadly accurate and will not break your budget. just my $.02 and welcome to the board.

swede
    Wyoming Swede

julysol
    (3/8/02 2:12:13 am)
    I was just at the range yesterday with my cz70. I picked it up from SOG last week. It's a sweet little piece and feels good in the hand. This is the first .32 I've owned. I wanted some thing not so punchy as my 45 or 357 just to have fun with at the range. Well those little .32's are quite punchy after all. The gun really snaps. I thought it would me in between a .22 and 38 round based on it's size and bullet weight. wew' I was a bit off. But I enjoyed it all the same. I'm out of practive on my handgunning so I can't tell you exactly how accurate it is but seemed quite fair.

The one thing I for sure didn't like is that after you pull off a round your trigger finger gets a little sting. It's like the trigger has some kind of very slight reverse snap durring recoil of the slide. I investigated it when I got home and couldn't see it happen durring manual opperation. It stings the finger a bit but is liveable and doesn't leave a bruise or redness.

Everyone likes bigger calibers but if your looking for something to use other than taking some 350 pound attacker's chest appart this is a sweet deal. And at less than a hundred bucks!! Hell, I ordered a CZ 50 in new condition at the 139$ so the cz70 would feel so alone in the safe.

I also now have a FEG PA-63 on order in 9x18 russian. If your interested let me know and I'll tell you how it is. They are also getting fairly good reports.
    I may also recomend looking for one first on gunbroker.com, gunsamerica.com, and auctionarms.com before you have one ordered through one of the Shotgun News adds. Just because they mostly have photos and a better rating as to what you'll be getting. You may pay a bit more though but it may be worth it. If not SOG and GJsales aren't all that bad, But definetly make sure it's at least in "very good" or excellent condition. SOG's came with an extra magazine. Parts and mags available from www.makarov.com

hope this helps. just remember that if you don't really like it, you can sell it and probably make a small profit.

Shootnfan
    (3/11/02 11:03:27 am)
    Thanks for the input guys...I knew someone out there had maybe seen one of these. I should go ahead and get a Makarov, PA63 and a CZ70 I guess! I can't resist a price like that on any decent gun. Thanks again.

lucky134
    (5/22/02 10:54:16 pm)
    A friend and I each bought one these pieces just based on the reputation of the Czech Arms and the price. We both liked these little guns. . . What a conceal n carry item we thought. I liked the looks and feel of mine so much that I bought a second one without ever firing the first. I still think they are quite a piece of machinery, but we have both discovered that they tend to jam after the first or secong rounds. I noticed that the spent shell would eject okay, but the next round would feed straight up instead of into the chamber. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and what can be done to remedy the problem? I'd be most obliged to anyone who can supply that information, as these are really sweet little items.
    Incidentally, while I bought mine from my regular retailer, it almost certainly came from SOG.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/23/02 12:47:32 am)
    Sounds like the magazines are bad.
    Almost all feeding problems in a semi auto can be traced to the magazine.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/23/02 7:23:49 am)
    Hi Lucky134.....and welcome to TFF.

.32 has got to be about the most usless caliber on the planet. Too expensive for plinking, and waaaaay underpowered for self-defense.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/23/02 7:57:37 am)
    In magazines that have a bit of room fore and aft of the cartridge, make sure to sharply rap the back of the magazine when you load it so that the cartridges are all the way back against the rear wall of the magazine. I have found this solves the feeding problem quite often in auto pistols. I have a CZ-50 that is a fine shooter if the magazine is loaded in this fashion.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

lucky134
    (5/23/02 10:29:40 pm)
    Thanks for all the replies, (guys!). . . Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one. My CZ70s don't appear to have been used much, and some of the mags look as though they were never used, so I'll keep your suggestion in mind, Bob in St. Louis. . . Incidentally, I see you must be somewhat familiar with Spanish weapons. Somewhere on this site I posted a request last night regarding a "Star" Modelo B Super. The purchase included what looks like a comprehensive owners' manual, but I have a problem understanding Espanol. . . it's been too many years without practice. . . Do you know of an English Edition of this booklet, or perhaps a translation available on the Web? Any info will be deeply appreciated.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/24/02 8:18:40 pm)
    I think I replied to your post, wherever it was. There is the administrator (Trejedor) at 9mmlargo.com who I believe has an English version that he can e-mail to you. Just go to that site, scroll down through all the pretty pictures of 9mm Largo weapons (drool, drool, drool!) and at the bottom click on Discussions. Go to "Messages to Trejedor" and ask.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

lucky134
    (5/24/02 9:40:37 pm)
    Hi Bob,
    I'm sorry to have asked you the same thing twice. Had I not been so hasty and gone to the first place where I posted the question, I would have seen your reply there. I do appreciate your help, however, and I think you've put me onto something.
    Thanks again!

Tom