cz82

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by torpedoman, Dec 16, 2007.

1. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

Prices are dropping on them and they are a great pistol.
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I had the occassion to repair one. It is much better internally in design, materials, and fabrication than some of the other small caliber pistols I have been into. It is a typical robust CZ design. The gun I repaired would not regularly and always reset the trigger (hammer didn't always catch the sear in recoil). It turned out that the sear spring had lost a bit of its tension. Simply reshaping the hairspring type spring to add a resonable amount of preload fixed the problem.

For a small caliber blowback gun this one is made well. It does have the common problem of all these small guns of the hammer biting your hand in recoil but a shooting glove or a lower grip hold can easily solve that.

LDBennett
  3. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

got small hands no problem for me.
  4. Terry G

Terry G Member

I'm very happy with mine, although when I first received it I thought the barrel hadn't been rifled.

Attached Files:

• CZ82.jpg
      CZ82.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
  5. King James Bond

King James Bond New Member

Do these bite the thumb web of the hand very hard?

KJB
  6. iwannasee

iwannasee New Member

Here is mine.

Original carry set up.
    [​IMG]

Modern set up
    [​IMG]
  7. King James Bond

iwannasee,

I guess this is the right thread for the CZ82!

They are for sure some nice looking pistols.

I have fondled those guns down at J&G before and they had a real easy trigger pull. The ones they had were a little scratched up and were painted and not blued. They told me they were very reliable pistols......and hey, I like the price.

I am going to try my P64s again today after work and use some other ammo to see how they feel. I sort of hate the idea of giving them up so fast.

Tell me some more about yours.

Does it chew up any ammo without any problems?

Take care,

KJB
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

the cz 82/83 is a fine gun well made and works good. but if you're wanting a gun to carry the polish -64 has it beat. smaller and also very solid. consider the size difference and the caliber. the 9x18 isn't a bad carry round better than a 380 but in a pistol the size of a cz82 it doesn't make sense to carry a gun that large when you can carry a 9mm or a 40 or 45 lighter and smaller. yes the p-64 has a horrible trigger but it can be corrected. do a google search there is a web site for the p-64 with a forum with lots of people willing to offer suggestions.i myself have never tinkered with the trigger pull. i just changed the grips and thought if i ever packed it to carry and if i ever really needed it i wouldn't notice the pull in a high stress situation . i liken it to a old charter arms bulldag in 44spl i used to carry. horrilbe recoil piss poor trigger but comforting to know it went bang when i would need it to. oh and for the record hornady makes 9x18 hollow points that have the wolf crap beat to hell. cleaner and reliable and priced right.
  9. King James Bond

oscarmayer,

Thanks for all the input. I went and shot one of the P64s again after work and am reconsidering. I am thinking to order spring sets and see how it goes. I will be doing some more research.

I try to buy cheap ammo in bulk to save money because me, my wife, and my kids really like to go plinking alot. I know junk ammo is still junk.....but it sure is fun...lol.

I still have lots of factory reload .45 ammo that I was getting at about $100 per 500 rounds and for plinking it worked well.

But yes......for carry I have good quality ammo and you are correct.....Hornady makes some excellent ammo no doubt.

I kinda liked the low price of the CZ82.

I have a CZ75 and that thing has been a reliable war-horse......and comfy too!

I would imagine the CZ82 would be just as reliable. Maybe I should just get a couple of them anyways?

Take care,

KJB
  10. King James Bond

Well, I traded in my P64s and got two CZ82s to try out. It was a long drive but I will probably go out and shoot them in about an hour or so. I also got one of the Russian Mosin rifles for 69.00 and 880 rounds of ammo for it for 156.00

I already like the action and feel of the CZ82 and for 170.00 bucks it cant be that bad of a deal.

Take care,

KJB
  11. King James Bond

There will be no more wha wha whining like a big baby from me!

Those CZ82s are some sweet shooting pistols.

I could shoot them things all day long.

Now I will research the breakdown on them.

I was just wondering......is there a reason people black out the serial numbers for pictures on the internet?

KJB
  12. highdesert

highdesert New Member

I bought a CZ 83 in 1995 on a lark and loved it. The 82's were not in country for another 10 years. I got an 82 as soon as I could. Love both. I am a big guy and suffer no hammer bite.

I made a inside the belt holster for mine.
    [​IMG]

HD
  13. King James Bond

highdesert,

Thats a nice looking holster there.

KJB
  14. AimHigh

AimHigh New Member