DA trigger pull

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by ARB, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

Is it typical for a doulbe action semiauto to have a lot of play in the trigger? When firing from the uncocked postion the trigger is "loose" until completely squeezed. When cocked, it still has quite a bit of play. By the way, the pistol in question is a Beretta Px4 Storm.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

are you saying its loose in the frame unless you have your finger on it? The hole in the trigger sounds like its wallowed out or the trigger is cracked. I've shot 1 px4, I don't remember the trigger having any slop to it.
    Now if I'm misunderstanding you, a DA trigger will have a lot of pull or take up sometimes, but in SA mode it should be tight, no play.
  3. ARB

ARB New Member

No, it's not loose in the frame. It has a lot of take up, as you said, in double action mode. But, it also has some take up in SA mode as well. I'm sorry, I can't explain it better. I guess there's a big difference between the trigger on a 1911 and this type in SA mode.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

your probably picking up the slack and the tolerance in the trigger bar until it makes contact with the sear. I'm sure with some work it could be taken out but I guess it depends on what your used to and if its really posing a problem for you.
  5. ARB

ARB New Member

Not necessarily posing a problem, just used to a little tension on the trigger pull. But, you did hit the proverbial nail on the head with your diagnosis.:) I may check around for someone who can do a trigger job. Thanks, Helix.