Daily Devotional; formerly Chaplains Corner

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by ampaterry, Apr 24, 2011.

1. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Re: Chaplains Corner

well said and very true!
  2. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Amen!!
    Very Well Put, Thanks Terry.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Amen ,

Excellent Terry
  4. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

Thanks, Terry!
  5. preacher60

preacher60 New Member

I'm new to the forum and have been reading some of your post and I think they're great.
    we all need to start our day with the word of God. Being a preacher i have tried to do just that. I'm pleased to be part of the forum and know that there are some that are not ashamed of the Word. Just saying Hello this is my first post and am glad to meet everyone. thank you Terry.
  6. hunter29180

OOOOOH MYYYYYY! now im in for it!! :) Welcome preacher60!!
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we

Well, finally, you got in! Welcome to the forum. Guys this man is my brother, give him a warm welcome. He is a preacher, and has made his first post here.
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Today is the birthday of Orville Wright. With his brother Wilbur, he designed and tested the first fixed wing aircraft with controls which made fixed wing flight possible. The date was December 17th of 1903. The flight lasted 12 seconds, and traveled about 120 feet.
    From this humble beginning, all of modern aviation has grown.
    In recognition of their contribution, today was selected as the date for National Aviation Day by President Franklin Roosevelt in 1939. On this day, we pay honor to all involved in Aviation, and all who through their hard work and devotion have brought about all the benefits we have today from this major industry.

I am thankful to each one that contributed. I am respectful of all the pilots, flight attendants, Air Traffic Controllers, and everyone else that works in this field.
    But my respect for the policy makers in this industry is gone. I will never again board a commercial aircraft due to their complete ineptness in planning and controlling an industry that is such a vital part of our modern society. My wife will not again be subjected to a pat-down search based upon the supposed need to treat all people equally, regardless of what history has shown us. We will never again find ourselves in a distant city with no clothes to wear because the airline has no system in place to ensure that the luggage is safely delivered to the passengers at their final destination. I will never again watch in horror as my wife's flight number is simply erased from the arrivals board after being delayed for hours, with no indication of what happened to it.

You are a great bunch of guys and gals, and I pray for your safety, but unless and until there are major changes in the management of your industry, I will drive where I need to go, or stay home.

This is for the upper management of the major airlines:
    Proverbs 13:11 (KJV);
    Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

Quit reveling in your cars, portfolios, landed estates and country club memberships, and go to WORK!!

If any of you guys on TFF have to fly, I pray that God will watch over you in this mismanaged industry. And may He bless each and every one of you, in the air or not.
  9. ampaterry

I will be SO glad when I am doing all work from the new machine; this one is STILL going nuts -
    When I opened this thread, NONE of the above comments were showing below post 495, my post yesterday. When I posted the above, all the comments showed up -
    WILD!!!

Welcome, Preacher60!
    It is not POSSIBLE to have too many preachers in TFF -
    I am a dip/juice/free-will kind of guy -
    But I don't get upset with the sprinkle/wine/pre-ordained folks.
    Heck I don't even get upset with the snake handlers in the East end of my state; anyone TRYING to follow God's directions is great in my book, because we are ALL going to get some of them wrong -
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day and Welcome preacher60

not ashamed but openly Proud happy and grateful to hear the Good Word as often as we/ i can

and Thankful for Terry's Words

Attached Files:

• PTBC.jpg
      PTBC.jpg
      File size:
      37.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  11. Airdale

Airdale Member

Welcome aboard preacher60!
  12. Airdale

Airdale Member

Terry,

Couldn't agree more about flying in today's world. I was really irked when I saw a group of mennonite women and their daughters singled out and taken behind screens to be "inspected". Then my wife was subjected to a "pat down" on a trip to see her mother and I'd had enough. I now will fly only if circumkstances leave me with no other choice (hasn't happened yet).

Driving home from California after my "bucket trip" last year I rediscovered the pleasures of traveling by car. Stop at decent hotels/motels, take time to people watch and to enjoy the scenery and take in the changes to the country (even the the desert could boast of the addition of cell towers). If you can do that driving beats flying any day.
  13. ampaterry

I read a story about a couple who were spending a week at a Christian camp. They had seen their children and grandchildren attend these camps every summer for years, but this was their first time to attend one. While there, they received this letter from one of their college age granddaughters:

"Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
    “How are you? What do you think of camp? Do you like the speakers? I hope all is well with you. Have fun! Thinking of you with love, Janine."

Enclosed with the letter were five one-dollar bills for them to use as spending money.

That reminded me of one time we visited our daughter and her husband when they lived in Springfield Missouri. We made the trip on the motorcycle we had just bought, and enjoyed it VERY much. While there, I wanted to get a can of special motorcycle windshield cleaner, so looked up the address of the Honda dealer in Springfield, and Judy and I headed over to pick it up on the bike. Tracy wanted to drive us over in their car, but we think the bike is more fun, so we declined. While at the dealer, I looked out the window and saw Tracy and Ron's car lurking at the edge of the parking lot. They had followed us over to make sure we were safe. I told Judy and the counter man about it, and we all had quite a chuckle about how roles can become reversed as we age.
    Then we went out and had a drag race with a guy in a corvette.
    We beat him.
    Role reversals are GREAT!
    The Word of God tells us:
    Psalms 71:9 (GWT);
    " Do not reject me when I am old or abandon me when I lose my strength."

Proverbs 16:31 (NCV);
    "Gray hair is like a crown of honor; it is earned by living a good life."

Titus 2:2-3 (KJV);
    "That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;"

I pray that each one of you enjoy's the later years of your life at least as much as I am -
  14. hunter29180

been there, had a laugh too. nice to know our children really do still care about us!
  15. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

Terry, That story really hits close to home! Thanks for sharing!