Daily Devotional; formerly Chaplains Corner

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by ampaterry, Apr 24, 2011.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Amen and thanks for that, Terry.

It brought to mind what happened when God gave Samuel the task of finding Saul's successor and he was checking out Jesse's sons. God gave Samuel his criteria in 1 Samuel 16:7: But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.”

That's something to remember when considering who shold be the next President.
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Wise words, BlackEagle -

Alas, many will look no deeper than the color of his skin - -

For today -

I make no secret of my utter contempt for the American Red Cross, which includes their politically correct subgroup ‘The Red Crescent’ which has eliminated ‘cross’ from their offices in some countries that find the cross to be offensive. This contempt is based upon several incidents in which this supposed ‘charity’ has sold items to the victims in disaster areas, or to newly released POW’s in the service.
    I also make no secret of my displeasure with the Ford Motor Company. I was very happy with Ford products until we bought our first brand new one; a 1972 Ford F-100 pick up, which strained our budget to the maximum to pay for. This vehicle developed far too many problems to list here while still under warranty, and was completely rusted through scrap metal with only 65,000 miles on it when we finally got rid of it. Anyone can make a lemon, but Ford refused to stand behind their product and make it right, and we were NOT in any position to hire an attorney.

According to a study by the Research Institute, here's what businesses can expect from dissatisfied customers:

They will hear nothing from 96 percent of customers who receive rude or discourteous service. Each of these dissatisfied customers will tell his or her story to an average of nine other people.

Of those 4 percent who do voice their dissatisfaction, between 54 and 70 percent will use the organization's services again if the complaint is resolved. That percentage goes as high as 95 percent if the complaint is resolved quickly.

Sixty-eight percent of those who sever the relationship with the service organization do so because of the organization's indifference.

The Word of God tells us to deal with people honorably:
    1 Peter 3:8-9 (KJV);
    "Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing."

May God bless each one of you -
  3. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

Man you struck a nerve on that one with the Red Cross. I remember the story my dad told me about them during WW2. I guess our troops were told to leave their money at home before shipping off to England. When they arrived the Red Cross was charging them for coffee and donuts. Those that obeyed instructions were trying to get a loan from those who brought money. That was wrong no matter how you look at it.
  4. ampaterry

Pipeman, there were a LOT of stories from WWII vets about this.
    For DECADES, the Red Cross denied these allegations, in effect calling all those servicemen liars.
    Then, much more recently, they stopped denying it. Now, they claim that the British relief agencies did not have as much funding as the American agencies, so were forced to charge the GI's for coffee and donuts, and requested that the US do likewise to keep them from looking bad. Supposedly, they have a directive from an upper-echelon military officer telling them to charge.

They continue to deny it in more recent events like the Alask flood, the Elaska Earthquake, Katrina, etc., yet there is a lot of first-hand testimony to the fact that they continue this practice today.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

not to mention passing info on aid convoys to terror groups ( red cresent wikileaks leaked radio intercept transcripts between Red Cres. boss and aziz omahni the regional head of Al queda in pakistan ) 14 troops dead in that one
  6. Python

Python Former Guest

You can consider it all you want, it will accomplish nothing. The total depravity of man is seen throughout the Bible. Mans heart is "deceitful and desperately wicked" (Jeremiah 17:9), and the thoughts of his heart are "continually evil" (Genesis 6:5), "there is none who does good, no not one (Romans 3:12). You'll just have to go by their record and hope for the best.
  7. ampaterry

Jack, I have a website dedicated to anti-redcross stuff:
    www.noredcross.homestead.com
    Is there any documentation anywhere about this incident? I would LOVE to add it to that site!

Today, I want to share one of Woodrow Kroll's short radio devotionals he calls "The Bible Minute". He calls this one Mustard Seed Faith, which we have discussed here before:

“In our society we equate "big" with "good."
    “Yes siree, I've got the biggest ranch in Texas!
    “Mommy, Mommy, I got a big part in the school play!
    “Be sure to stop at Astro Burgers. Three pounds of beef in every burger!
    “Jesus says that "good" can come in small sizes. Christ told His disciples in Matthew 17:20, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." The mustard seed was one of the smallest seeds that people knew about in Jesus' day, but it had the potential to grow into a bush the size of a tree.
    “Maybe today you feel your faith is too small and can't be used by God. That's OK. If you spend time daily in His Word, you'll find your "small faith" will increase dramatically. Read the Bible and build your faith. It has real answers for real life.”

Brother Kroll brings out many truths from scripture, and his devotionals are short enough that almost no one will change the station during them. As a result, people HEAR them, where they would loose interest in anything longer. As a result, he reaches people that are not being reached otherwise. We, especially some long winded preachers, could learn something from this. If you talk so long that people stop listening, you are wasting not only their time, but yours as well.

Back when I was a pig headed atheist (as opposed to my present pig-headed Christian self), it was beyond me to listen to a long sermon. People that preached and preached at me had ZERO effect except to cause me to be irritated with them. Who did I listen to? A word here from a Mormon missionary. A sentence there from my wife. A five minute read of a Chick Tract. And when the bottom dropped out of my life, it was THOSE that I remembered, and Jesus Christ that I turned to.

If you want to be HEARD, keep it short and sweet, or keep it short and hard, but keep it SHORT!

May God bless you, guys -
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

wikileaks 16 involving red cresent , i'll burn the loit to DVD ( 13 DVD's total i think) and send them to you )

and i'm similar i like my "simple faith" ( even though i'm told its too simple by many )

Jesus Died for me , that opened a door for me to get to heaven , IF i choose to accept it , my choice is decide by my actions and sincerity of actions , and not the outcome of actions ( cause i goof and not everything i do is perfect ) but he knows my heart and if i'm doing my goofy best and not scamming , He'll Honour his side .. full stop

but if i think i'll be forgiven and act thinking that .. all bets are off ..

too simple? i think he meant it to be that way
  9. ampaterry

Jack, let me know the cost of this, and THANK YOU!!

For today:

In the novel Presumed Innocent, a prosecuting attorney named Rusty is explaining his approach to the jury when he is in court. He says:
    "This is how I always start:
    'I am the prosecutor.
    'I represent the state. I am here to present to you the evidence of a crime. Together you will weigh the evidence. You will deliberate upon it. You will decide if it proves the defendant's guilt.
    'This man--' and here I point ...
    If you don't have the courage to point ... you can't expect them to have the courage to convict. And so I point. I extend my hand across the courtroom. I hold one finger straight. I seek the defendant's eye. I say:
    'This man has been accused..."

This principle holds true in all of life. People need leaders to galvanize their courage. People need leaders to point, to take a stand, to say what they believe. The problem with America today is that such leaders have a hard time getting elected. Each time they point out the truth, they loose the vote of some little splinter group, and eventually the point is reached where all of these little groups end up costing them the election.

The Word of God speaks of our leadership:
    Romans 13:3-7 (GWT);
    "People who do what is right don't have to be afraid of the government. But people who do what is wrong should be afraid of it. Would you like to live without being afraid of the government? Do what is right, and it will praise you. The government is God's servant working for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid. The government has the right to carry out the death sentence. It is God's servant, an avenger to execute God's anger on anyone who does what is wrong. Therefore, it is necessary for you to obey, not only because you're afraid of God's anger but also because of your own conscience.
    That is also why you pay your taxes. People in the government are God's servants while they do the work he has given them. Pay everyone whatever you owe them. If you owe taxes, pay them. If you owe tolls, pay them. If you owe someone respect, respect that person. If you owe someone honor, honor that person."

May God bless each and every one of you -
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no fee, i get a heap Via you ;) and Thank You for it all
  11. ampaterry

That is very generous of you, Jack, and THANK YOU!!
  12. Python

Python Former Guest

The only time that we are to disobey mans laws are when mans laws contradict the laws of God. God honors His word above His name, and "obedience" above sacrifice.
  13. ampaterry

Right on, Python -
    Render to Caesar that which is Caesars, and to God that which is God's.

And when those two are in conflict, screw Caesar.

Not quite KJV, but the meaning is right I believe -
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats how i see it , obedience to the state is one thing , if the state is corrupt and Godless like now ..

amazing how many folks read that as obey the state NO MATTER WHAT ..

its all there, why cant folks see??
  15. Python

Python Former Guest

A lot of people see only what they want to see.