daisy 22 rifles

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by old semperfi, Feb 14, 2010.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    I HAVE A COUPLE OF THE DAISEY 22 RIFLES ONE BOLT ACTION PLASTIC STOCK AND ONE SEMI AUTO PLASTIC STOCK......BOTH ARE IN GOOD SHAPE....DO THEY HAVE ANY VALUE OTHER THAN A SHOOTER FOR KIDS.WHAT ARE THEY WORTH OLD SEMPERFI
  2. aaronmb

aaronmb New Member

I have a daisey 22 bolt action single shot rifle. it has a plastic stock that when you push
    a large black button on the side of the butt you can extend the shoulder pad. I do not know the value of it but mine was the first rifle my dad ever got me. i got it for x-mas 1989 i was 15. i must have put 10,000 rounds through it. shot ok out to 50 yards.
  3. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

New in the box pieces have value to a narrow group of collectors. I recently sold one at auction for $285 - it was the mag. fed semi-auto, Model 2203 (IIRC), NIB w/ all papers. I've seen other models at gun shows sell above 200 bucks, again in NIB condition. Used, without papers and box, sell below $200, often far below. This info is for the .22 rimfire models.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  4. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

I have one semi auto with clip, plastic, same button on stock to extend the stock for an adult or slide it in for a youth/child. Hex barrel, nice, accurate little gun, bought it when my girls were real little, I think then (1989ish) I gave $100.00 for it. Bought another Daisy semi auto, wood with scope, clip, gave $125.00 about four years ago for it. They are great shooters, I like the novelty because I had no idea until I bought the first one that Daisy made a rimfire rifle. I love pulling them out when people start telling me, no way, it is a pellet/air rifle!! So around here, I guess, gun alone, no box, used condition, $100-150 bucks.
    You selling?
    I have never seen the bolt action or heard of it. I might be interested if the price were right.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  5. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

I would love to get another Daisy VL which shot the .22 caliber caseless ammunition...
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I used mine during the fight against the "It's a Crime, Bill." back in the 90s. Semi-auto, telescoping stock, "high capacity magazine". If I taped a .22 ammo box to the muzzle to act as a flash hider, it became an assault weapon. FBI agents I showed that to tried to refute that, but the print out of the bill changed their mind.

An assault weapon made by Daisy. :D

Pops
  7. aaronmb

aaronmb New Member

mine is a single shot bolt action. no i think i will keep it. i'm thinking of removing the rear stock and making a pistol grip for it. i don't think it's worth much but it is fun to show people that daisy did make a 22 rimfire rifle.:D
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

:) I know I don't even have to bring this up, will the overall length be over 26 inches.:)
  9. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

Aaron, you can't legally turn a long gun/rifle into a pistol without a lot of complicated paperwork. If you are wanting a rimfire semi auto pistol you are best off with a Ruger Charger. Don't ruin this rifle with this modification plus put yourself in jail.
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

As long as the barrel is at least 16 inches long, and the overall length is at least 26 inches, he can put a pistol grip on it. The problem would occur if he cut the barrel - trying to turn the rifle into a pistol. But just putting a pistol grip on it , which is what he said he was gonna do, is not illegal.
  11. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

Jim, does yours shoot 22 lr shells or the caseless things I read about? I am interested if it is 22lr, not interested if it is the caseless deal.
  12. wheresjeremy78

wheresjeremy78 New Member

i have a model 2203 brand new never fired in the box w/owners manual. i may have access to a bolt action. not sure if it is single or not. but i am sure my sister is interested in selling it. my brother also has a one but not sure what it is as it has never even been untaped. the box that is. or grandmother worked at Daisy in Rogers Ark. and we each received one 20 years ago or something like that.
  13. belercous

belercous Former Guest

If the weapon cannot be fired from the shoulder (i.e., no buttstock) no minimum length requirement needs to be met, to include barrel length. A pistol grip w/ no buttstock is a pistol for legal purposes. He can legally alter the weapon without it coming under NFA rules.
  14. cakes

cakes New Member

None of this is correct. It's still a rifle. Please refer to www.ATF.gov for clarification.

As far as the original question: I bought two Daisy .22s this year. One bolt and one auto loader. Both magazine fed. Both in very good condition. I bought them from used racks at gun shops for less than one hundred a piece. As noted earlier, there is very little collector interest, but they seem to be good shooters.
  15. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That is just SO wrong. If it started life as a rifle, it is a rifle. It will always be a rifle. It can never be a pistol. It can be shortened to pistol size, and be registered and taxed, and will be a "Short Barreled RIFLE", but it can never be a pistol.