daisy 22 ?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by rccub23, Jan 3, 2011.

1. rccub23

rccub23 New Member

ever hear of a daisy 22 rifle. this is a model eight.
    the only number i can find on it is 6043927. it is a
    bolt action. anyone know of any history of these.
  2. mxracer07

mxracer07 New Member

In 1988 Daisy briefly made a line of rimfire rifles, the Legacy rifle. These were bolt action rifles chambered in .22 Long Rifle, and were available in a number of different styles. Options were wooden stock or plastic stock with adjustable buttplate, and single shot, 7 shot box magazine, or 10 shot rotary feed (the magazine was similar to, but not interchangeable with, the Ruger 10/22). While these are very rare, the inexpensive construction and the fact that they are firearms, not airguns, has led to little collectors' interest.your daisy 22 rifle has a value of $75 good-$150 nib
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  3. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Basically, they are pieces of crap! The only ones still in working order are ones that have never been, or rarely, shot. Mxracer is correct, they were cheaply made and it was very evident - not to mention Daisy got into trouble with the BATF over manufacturing them.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Also made autos, and I believe a lever action. They were designed as a "Boys" rifle. Built very light weigh and 90 % out of plastic.In the 80's I picked one up for 40 dollars NIB, still have it new in the box. There's a little collectors interest in them and it's growing as they become more scarce, they were never desighed as a long term heavy duty rifle. Almost like a disposable item .
  5. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I have one. It is still working and takes half dozen of rabbits a year still. Not the most accurate, but it still works....
  6. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A friend of mine had one in semi-auto,problem was it would shoot fully auto sometimes emptying the magazine almost instantly.Not very safe.I wonder if he still has it? Joe
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Daisy had a recall for that very reason.
  8. accident

RJay, my buddy didn't tell me it was shooting in full auto when he ask me to if i wanted to shoot it.Imagine my suprise when i shot it and it sprayed empty the magazine.Not really safe but was fun. Joe
  9. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

hmmm.... sounds like something to crack open and tinker with... like that chinese SKS my dad had.
  10. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i have three of them and my neices,nephews,and grandkids have fired thousands of rounds thru them so if they are junk,then i guess ill keep buying junk..............old semperfi
  11. accident

My friend who had the gun that inadvertently shot "fully auto" probably could have had it fixed if he had sent it back to them due to the recall. old semperfi,are the 3 guns you gave to family bolt actions?My friends semi-auto is the only Daisy I have experienced.There's probably lots out there that have had no problems. Joe