1. Chief AFD

Chief AFD New Member

I know this is not what you would call a FIREARM but maybe someone could help me anyway. I have a 1953 Daisy pump
    gun with engraving on each side of the frame. On the top of
    the barrel by the patent # s it has Daisey No 25. It also has
    a factory installed Daisy scope about 15" long. It has a hard wood stock and the gun is about 85 to 90 %. I contacted Daisy
    and the girl told me they do not keep records back that far and would have no idea what it is worth. HELP

Thanks
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Hi Chief AFD,

do you have pictures?

how well does it shoot?

does it have an original B-B tube?

A picture tells a thousand words along with details of what you have would be of great help. There were 2 variations of the early Mdl.25 mfg. in Plymouth, Michigan. A 4-ring and 6-ring cocking handle. There are also 2 different scopes. The 300 w/rubber eye piece and bbl.clamps and the 303 with covers.

Let me know and maybe I can be of more help for you.

A sight-unseen questimate would be difficult to muster up.
  3. Chief AFD

Chief AFD New Member

Wow that was fast. It has a 6 ring cocking handle and a rubber eye piece and clamps on the barrel. It does have the original
    B B tube.

Thanks
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Chief AFD, are you buying, selling or collecting?

I've done all of the above, and settled with a few Commemerative Red Ryders and rarer Crosman 761XL's :)
  5. Chief AFD

Chief AFD New Member

Over the years I have accumulated six long guns and twelve
    hand guns. I shoot most of them at a public range here in Florida.
    The Daisy is one I bought when I was twelve years old did not shoot it much but kept it in good shape. I have a work shop and I do all of my own repairs. I guess you could call me a half ass collector.
  6. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

I've got a collection of Daisy memoribilia that includes 4 die cast trucks a couple of Red Ryder books, The Great West in Painting by Fred Harmon... framed Daisy Plymouth Michigan magazine articles with a young man sporting a mdl.25 ;)

If you're interested in buying or selling, let me know.

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Ziggy......I guess we're all getting old when we can remember Little Beaver as a tyke.......and now he's in his 70's and on trial for murder. "You betchum, Red Ryder!"

Like Ralphie in Jean Shepherd's "Christmas Story", I longed for a "Genuine Red Ryder Carbine Action Two Hundred Shot Lightning Loader Range Model Air Rifle". I finally got mine and shot it for many years.

Don't know where it went to, but I wish I still had it.
  8. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

So right you are Xracer, I still have my 1st Daisy 102 Cub my Grandfather gave me, still in the box it came in ;)
  9. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Ever see one of these? A Daisy Cork Gun.

[​IMG]
  10. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Silver72, that looks to be 1 that is a little bitty dude about 13 1/2" overall that was mfg. in the 30's.
  11. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

17" barrel, 29" overall. Mdl. 58. The only thing I remember about the piece is my brother got it taken away when he shot aunt Mable in the forehead. That must have been in the late 30s, early 40s.
  12. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

13. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Frustration!!!!!!!!

I've got a metal Water Pistol somewhere. That link reminded me of it. Now if I could just find it, damn!
  14. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Well get looking Silver72, and lets talk about it too. I have a little info on them too. ;)
  15. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Popguns by Daisy

You guys have got me aroused. I have several old BB & Popguns by Daisy I have collect that are leaning in a corner of the closet.
    Looks I've gotta dig 'em out and find out what I've got. BTW, I do have a nice little Daisy-Heddon 22cal caseless rifle. It's a hoot to shoot.

berto
  16. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Berto, dig those babies out and we'll discuss what you have. ;)
  17. berto64

berto64 Active Member

ZigZag,

I'll try and get it done this weekend.

I know I have an extra "Cactus Carbine" made by Daisy for Sears' JC Higgins line.

All my old BB guns are gone, passed on to younger cousins as I "outgrew" them. I think thats why I pick an old one up every now & then.

berto
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2003
  18. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Berto, I know what you mean, especially the losing the mind someplace along the way! lol

I have an old Daisy advertisment that reads...