Dakota .45 caliber colt Armi Jager-value?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bcantrel, Jan 19, 2007.

1. bcantrel

bcantrel New Member

I have a Dakota .45 caliber colt Armi Jager single action revolver with a 3 inch barrel and brass on the trigger guard and wrapped around the stock. The stock is a light colored wood (oak or maple???). There are some marks on the gun - PSF with a star over it, and also AC in a square. The gun is in good condition. Do you have any idea of the value or where to find more information on this gun?
  2. Goody

Goody Member

They haven't been made in many years. They were available from EMF as the "Dakota". When EMF began using ASM as a supplier they changed the name to "New Dakota". The gun is well made, and fairly durable. Parts are a problem, as they are not quite the same as a Colt or any of the other clones. The is a guy in Arkansas (Bob's?) that purchased all the remaining parts, don't know what he has now. The values I have seen have been from $175 to $300. If yours is a true sheriffs model, no ejector assembly and no provision in the frame to mount one, I would say $225-$325. If it is just a cut down longer barreled model, $150-$200.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Yup....Goody's nailed it.

Blue Book value:

Dakota Sheriff's Model....

95% - $300
    90% - $265
    80% - $225
  4. GregariousCurmudgeon

GregariousCurmudgeon New Member

It has been years since anybody posted on the Armi Jager Dakota .45 long colt. It is Christmas eve 2010 and I wish I could find one in good condition as a present to myself. I had one years ago and loved it. I have been looking for another one since that one was stolen.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks for your time and consideration,

GC
  5. Goody

Goody Member

As I shoot CAS every weekend I do see them from time to time. The selling prices haven't changed much. But honestly, I think you would be better served by picking up one of the currently made clones at are available. The EMF Great Western II (not to be confused with the originals built in the late 50's) is an excellant choice. They can be had new for arounf $500, parts are readily available.

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1873-Great-Western-II-Revolvers-c64.htm