Damascus Barrel Manufacturing

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

warpig883
    (1/2/02 4:35:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Must see--- Damascus barrels
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This covers the amazing and time consuming way Damascus barrles were made over a forge and anvil.

www.gunshop.com/cgi-bin/u...1&t=000063

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/2/02 10:33:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Must see--- Damascus barrels
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WOW !!!! Thanks for sharing warpig. Here is a short web page that describes the process www.hallowellco.com/damas...arrels.htm .

warpig883
    (1/2/02 11:32:23 pm)
    Did you read the whole thread. At the bottom they talk about how the supermen of barrel making could twist the wires and bars so that words showed up in the metal. True artists and craftsman of a lost art.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/3/02 3:15:44 pm)
    No way...Words ???? I'm gonna go back and read the entire thread then pull out my old double and have a look see.