Dan Wesson 357 magnum

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by buzzboy87, Apr 11, 2012.

1. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

Trying to figure out the value of my Dan Wesson Arms, Monson, Mass. U.S.A 191599... barrel says Dan Wesson Arms 357 Magnum CTG. Thinking about selling because the girlfriend dont like guns but i love it its very accurate, so she may just have to deal with it

Attached Files:

2. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

it looks like i took pic on the floor but its actually on table used floor tile on top of table lol
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Value is in the neighborhood of $500. Get a new girlfriend.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

ty was also wondering when it was made and any other info about my 357 that would help? thanks
  5. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

interested in getting barrel pack but cant find anywhere help please
  6. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Show her how to fire it and she may change her mind. I wish I had the 686 some a-hole stole out of my wifes truck !!
  7. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

If you follow 3/2 STA SS's advice, get some 38 Special mid-range wadcutters or standard velocity 130 grain FMJ loads. They have low recoil and are much more pleasant for a beginner to shoot. Just my $.02.
  8. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

I love shooting the 357 rounds the 38 are good for girls..and my girlfriend has shot it once and i put 3 rounds in it, the first 2 38s and the last one a 357 and told her to hold tight, she shot the first two just fine and after she shot the last one it scared the heck out of her and she screamed lol but shes slowly getting use to it
  9. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

i really wanna know more info on the gun if you can help that would be great
  10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Keep your girl friend on soft 38 sp loads . Or get her a .22lr revolver or pistol. Both of your wear ear protection right. 357s well destroy your hearing quicker than most any round. Let her deside if and when she wish's to step up to hotter rounds. No more 357mag games on her. Your revolver is valued between 400 and 500 depends on how nice it is and if you have a barrel/site wrench.

Pictures ain"t big or clear enought. Go to the DWfourm and check out EWKarms and LB Custom grips. if you deside to keep the revolver you can get shorter barrels affordable from ewk arms. Also there is a guy that builds custom grips .

If your girls hand does not fit well he has smaller grips that make work better for ladys. Easier to find a good women than to have to deal with a woman that hates firearms. HA. If she takes to shooting watch for another DW just for her set up her way. Or get her a .22lr to shoot.

Your pistol could be as late as 1978 to 1979. Look at the top of the DW revolver page and you can learn more about it there.
  11. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

ya my phone camera sucks sorry. but in my opinion it is in great condition, just needs cleaned n the local stores dont have a handgun cleaning kit and im a paraplegic and in wheelchair and dont get out of town very often so havnt been able to get one. when i bought it nothing came with it only original grip. if anyone else come up with new info feel free to post and thank you for looking n posting
  12. buzzboy87

buzzboy87 New Member

and yes anyone that shoots it i make wear ear protection...first time i shot it didnt have ear protection and shot 6 rounds and will never do that again...went strait to the local store and bought ear protection