Dan Wesson 357 Magnum?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gbeggrow, Jan 18, 2005.

1. gbeggrow

gbeggrow New Member

I have a Dan Wesson 357 Magnum, 6" vented barrel, blued. It's an interchangable barrel model. Has adjustable rear site. The pistol is free of any damage and the wood is undamaged. This is a VERY nice Dan Wesson 357. I also have the origional box, tool, and papers for the pistol.

I have someone interested in purchasing the pistol and was wondering what an estimated value would be for it. It's not really something I want to sell unless the price is right and if I do sell it I don't want to get burned.

Thanks.

EDIT: This is a model 15-2V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. lead

lead Active Member

Dan's, in my neck of the woods, are going up. We used to find nice models around $200-250, now they're more like $300-350. Yours sounds like one my local shop would sell for over $300. Check auction sites too and see what people are asking.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Yup, like lead says, between $300 to $350. With the adjustable sights, makes it a M-15 vs. the fixed sites on a M-14. Nice gun. I would start out asking for the higher end $$ with the box and all. ;)
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

From the Standard Catalog of Firearms (Blue Book is about the same):

D.W. Model 15 w/ventilated rib shroud:

NIB - $300
    Exc. - $250
    V.G. - $225
  5. punchie

punchie Member

I have several Dans and rank them with the Python and S&W L-frames. Unfortunatley the resale on the 'older' (Monson/Palmer) Dans leaves a lot to be desired and in many cases the extra barrels will sell individuallly for more than the whole gun. The last 715 I bought was only $200 and in mint shape.
  6. Bill

Bill New Member

A similar gun is being offered for $500 at a local gun shop here in central Florida. That gun is so sweet I wouldn't sell it for a penny less. Before long the value will appreciate where $500 is a common asking price. Just my humble opinion however.
    Bill
  7. tireman

tireman Member

hey all--i have had three packs of dan wessons --- great guns----got 1000.00 out of one pack---they are rare her and great shooters---saw an odd one sell for 350.00---maybe 75%---no box no wrench