1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Dan Wesson .357 Revolver / 6" barrel

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by DW_357, Dec 7, 2009.

1. DW_357

DW_357 New Member

Dan Wesson .357 with 6” barrel

Greetings...

Thanks in advance for any input that you might have.

I am not a gun expert by any means… but I am in some other forums on woodworking, cars, etc. … so I know the rules. I did some research first… but there are just so few of these sold that I do not have a good grasp on the value.

This gun is as close to a new Dan Wesson Revolver as you will see... and I believe that this gun is no longer produced (I see only autos on the CZ site)... so it could be the best sample out there for a collector.

This is a mint Dan Wesson .357 with 6” vented barrel, adjustable sight, looks like a mahogany grip (95% sure). Hard to tell about wood sometimes… looks like hickory just based on the grain pattern… and it is heavily finished in a gloss… but I think that I remember seeing that tiger-eye effect that mahogany has. It would be easier to tell looking at the gun instead of the photos… but… forgot to do that and make a mental note of the wood.

It is a Monson made gun. It comes with a case and speed loader. Since it has only this single barrel, there were no tools with it to change barrels.

There is a very faint line on the cylinder that would distinguish it from factory new.

Does anyone have any thoughts about a reserve price... since it is on an auction site?
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. DW_357

DW_357 New Member

3. DW_357

DW_357 New Member

Photos added

Attached Files:

4. colt

colt New Member

No idea on the $$$$$, but great gun. I have one just like with an 8" barrel,well built and accurate.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

4 years or so back, my brother-in-law left me one like that, as collateral, on a 200 dollar loan. When he never reclaimed it, I sold it to a coworker for 225, and he was tickled to get it. He told me, a year or so later, that he, in turn, sold it for 250, and then, 6 months later, bought it back for 300. That's been at least two years ago, so, I'd say at least 400.
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

these dan wesson are highly prized and sought after by those "in the know" the one you have pictured seems to be in very good condition i wouldn't be at all surprized if you couldn't get 500 for it