Dan Wesson Arms 357 Magnum CTG

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gwen, Oct 22, 2011.

1. gwen

gwen New Member

Dan Wesson Arms 357 Magnum CTG at least 25 years old. Not a scratch on it. Wondering what it's worth.. Can you help?

111022_001[1].jpg

111022_002[1].jpg
  2. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

That appears to be the 15-2V model. The V means vented barrel top strap. It looks pretty clean. I think around $400 MOL . More with the original box and grips. Those are aftermarket grips. They are great pistols with the ability to swap barrels. They are becoming more collectable. The ones with Monson, Mass. on the side are most collectable right now. It is a great gun and they are known for their accuracy. This site has some good info.
    http://www.danwessonforum.com/
  3. gwen

gwen New Member

Thanks for the info.. This one does have Monson, Mass. on the side.
  4. tommustangii

tommustangii New Member

need grips

i have a dan wesson m15 with 6" barrel does anyone know where i can get the wooden grips for it?

thanks tom
  5. 1911 man

1911 man New Member

Thats probably a gun you will regret selling,Its a great piece
  6. gwen

gwen New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I've changed my mind.. Decided to hang on to it now.
  7. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Good call ,Gwen. That pistol is very versatile . Barels range from 2&1/2" all the way to 15", I believe(they may stop at 12"). There are several grips for it . It even comes in a pistol pack with 3-4 barrels , barrel changing tool,belt buckle and a DWA patch. All in a specially fitted case.It will do nothing but appreciate in value. Look around some more and pick up some goodies to go with it. I love mine . I have the 4'', 6'' and a 12" barrel that I recently put a scope on . Also some assorted accessories. It's my favorite 357.:)
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  8. H-D

H-D Active Member

wow I read that wrong! I thought you said you had seen a 21 1/2" bbl !
  9. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Ooops! I fixed it so it won't be confusing. Sorry
  10. H-D

H-D Active Member

Nah it's cool /I looked on google image search I wanted to see it lol
  11. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

There appears to be a bit of rust/discoloration on the triggerguard and elsewhere--better take care of that before it gets worse. I've used 0000 steel wool and a little W-D40 or gun oil to kill it (rub it very gently) and then store where the humidity is low.
  12. gwen

gwen New Member

You are absolutely correct.. I didn't notice it until I posted the pic and looked at it online.. Yes, I will absolutely take care of it!! Thanks!
  13. gwen

gwen New Member

I sure appreciate all of the insight that you all have given me.. I have had this gun stored for many years. I was actually afraid to bring it out, and was surprised it was still in the condition it is.. There is a little oxidation on the trigger guard. I will certainly take care of that! Because of you all, I have a whole new appreciation for this gun.. I love this site!! Again, thank you!