Dan Wesson bought by CZ

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by lead, Feb 5, 2005.

1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

It has been announced on another forum that the Dan Wesson company has been purchased by CZ. This may be a good thing for D.W. quality and keeping their company afloat. What do you guys think?
  2. punchie

punchie Member

If it is true, I think it is a feather in the hat for both. It gives CZ a top notch revolver line and 1911 style pistol. It also says that Dan Wesson is the caliber of company that can be associated with the quality of the CZ products.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

It is true. They officially announced it and verified it at the SHOT Show I attended last week.

DW has suffered through several owners through the years. Their revolvers are innovative and nicely made. They suffer from what every little company goes through: not enough money to do it up big and make a difference. CZ is certainly big enough to carry the DW banner far and wide. This will be good for both CZ and DW!

LDBennett
  4. richbug

richbug New Member

CZUB or CZ-USA?
  5. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

CZ-USA or CZUB?

Makes no difference as CZ-USA is a wholly owned subsiduary of CZUB. This is per the history info on their 2005 catalog and the history info on the CZ-USA web page. It's all the same company. By the way they have 2000+ employees in the Czech Republic and 200 ACRES (!!) of buildings there. That is a big company in the gun industry!

LDBennett
  6. lead

lead Well-Known Member

I've always loved Dan Wesson revolvers. I hope this works out to a strong and solid D.W. that is high quality, affordable, and innovative.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I love my DW. I've not had the opportunity to fire their autos, yet, but they have recieved good reviews from people I respect. I'm glad to hear they will finally have some resources to keep on keeping on.

Pops