Dan Wesson pointman series

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/16/02 9:39:51 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Dan Wesson Pointman series
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got some Dan Wesson product in the shop, the new Pointman Major (sn #201) and Pointman Minor (sn #18). There are well-built pistols with exceptional triggers for factory, and the price is nothing short of phenomenal.

I should have some stainless ones next month... may just have to keep one...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 8:14:49 am)
    Reply Re: Dan Wesson Pointman series
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How about more info, Doc.

Are these a standard M1911?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 8:33:23 am)
    Re: Dan Wesson Pointman series
    Yes. The Pointman Minor is designed to be an entry-level IDPA or IPSC gun. Its a 5" gun with Novak-style fixed sights, match barrel, beavertail safety, adj trigger. A very well-fit gun and it can be retailed for under $600.

The Pointman Major has all McCormick internals, match barrel, adjustable sights (Milletts, believe it or not), etc. All the bells and whistles, for just over $700.

These guns are phenomenal from a benchrest, they have been showing up in the Northeast in some matches and have been doing very well. Expect a major-market ad campaign very soon... DW is releasing their "Patriot" line of 1911's now also which is basically the Pointman with an external extractor. They also have the Guardian Duce (compact 1911) and the Pointman Aussie (Bomars instead of Millett).

Pics available at Dan Wesson Firearms. I will have my Dan Wesson page built on my site by the end of the day. I also have photos of the Major and Minor on my GB auctions.
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 8:49:56 am)
    AD, was at the shop the other day and had a chance to check out Major, super fit and finish... impressive piece.
    The only thing I personnaly don't care for, is the laser
    engraved DW... looks to much like my hand writting

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 10:41:59 am)
    Man, I like 'em. I put the Major in the case next to a Kimber Stainless Gold Match, and have sold two Majors.

I have a monster jpeg of the Stainless Major on my website now, look for the Dan Wesson Firearms button on the left.
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 12:24:42 pm)
    We'll do Doc...

Damn Doc, dats 1 big pic... can't you downsize it... to atleast make it fit a 25" screen? lol

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 4/21/02 1:28:34 pm

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 1:39:28 pm)
    Sweet picture Doc, too pricey for me right now but the gun does look very nice.