Dan Wesson value

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Bill
    (1/6/03 6:11:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Dan Wesson value
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just bought a 1981 .44 Mag Dan Wesson Pistol pac.
    Gun is in superb condition. It's blue not stainless.
    Barrels appear to be in good shape too.
    Original carrying case
    (2) 8 inch, (2) 6 inch barrels
    2 barrels are ported the other 2 not
    8 inch shroud 6 inch shroud
    Original tools, belt buckle, shoulder patch
    I can't find anything on the net concerning Pistol pac prices. I'm very satisfied with the condition and shootability of this gun. I paid $580 and wonder if this is close to market value. Would appreciate comments from anyone knowledgable about older Dan Wesson Pistol Pacs. Thanks, Bill

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 9:26:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Dan Wesson value
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Bill, the sixteenth edition of Blue Book of gun values shows only 1 44 pistol pac, but not the 1 you discribe.

the 22nd edition no longer shows all the Wesson configurations, and is noted to check their web page at...
    www.bluebookinc.com

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 9:25:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Dan Wesson value
    Bill, are all of these barrels & stuff in the same Pistol Pac? The only thing I can find in the 23rd Edition Blue Book:

"MODEL 44 - 44 Mag. cal., double action, similar to Model 41, adj. sights. Disc. 1995

90% = $250
    95% = 265
    98% = 305

Add approx. $20 for heavy barrel shroud, approx. $15 for each additional barrel length."

"Model 44 Pistol Pac - includes 6 and 8 in. VR barrel assemblies, extra grip, 4 additional front sight blades, and aluminum case. Disc. 1995

90% = $330
    95% = 380
    98% = 430

Add $53 for full shroud VR barrels."

Bill
    (1/7/03 6:17:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Dan Wesson values
    Thanks ZIGZAG and Xracer.
    I have two full shroud VR barrels so using the 23rd edition of Blue book puts the package at around $500
    So I don't think I did too bad as these pacs with guns in excellent condition seem hard to find locally.
    Take care, Bill