Dang....dang......daaaanngggg....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Jan 25, 2010.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

DANG!!!!!!

Today i got to shoot a Wilson custom 1911 for the very first time..... DANG!!!!!

7 yards at the indoor range.... i didn't have my glasses....eyesight all fuzzy today...and yet i put all 10 shots from the extended mag inside of the second circle.....5 of them inside the innermost circle and 5 in the next best circle. DANG!!!!

On sunday i went shoothing with a friend and did horrible....but then we were shooting at closer to 20 yards...so maybe....i dunno.....but dang....those high end custom 1911s can SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!!!

Obviously i need to figure out a way to get the $2800+ necessary to buy one of those.....

Dang......

gn
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

PS

It was a fullsize QCB.....

Gn
  3. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Sell the Honda and buy a Kia.
  4. questor

questor Member

Remember P&S you use the middle finger and forget about your sites! Shoot away you you will wipe out the bulls eye.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

huh? How can i shoot and flip the bird at the same time???? Imopossible! :D

gn
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

more than a couple "good" khmer rougue would disagree eh

but back to the P&S

point with your index finger and use your 'bird finger' to pull the trigger

you actually get a cleaner pull ( try it )

do ensure your slide action allows this or you'll end up with slices out of your digit, and eventually a callous like mine.

cheers

jack
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I bought the bottom of the line KIA the first year it was available.
    I ABUSED that car.
    At 130,000 miles I traded it in. I had to replace the battery, CV joints, and front brake pads during that time. I had the oil changed 8, maybe 10 times.
    It ran like a watch when I traded it. My new/6 year old version is closing in on 40,000 miles. The oil has been changed 3 times.and tires are due.

My next car, should I live that long, will be a KIA.

So what's your next tag line gonna be?:p

GN/1911?;)
  8. guns4life

guns4life New Member

hey glock nut how many glocks would you have to sell to get that custom 1911 it would prolly be worth it :)
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Thats what "i thought" until i shot one. Try shooting one and you will view it differently. Its not just the accuracy either. The recoil seems different? Quicker somehow...like its cycling faster. And it didnt kick the brass back in my face either.
    The first thought that poped into my head was ditching both the kimbers, the dan wesson and whatever else i could to get one of these......

Well thats good to know. I was a little leery that kia might go broke in this economy. Now a days thats a consideration....

har har har....
  10. dianalv

dianalv New Member

What's good about that at 7 yards? Seriously? I don't know that much about hand gun shooting and what's considered good, but it doesn't seem very accurate to me. But then I don't shoot semi's. My S&W 19-5 will kill golf balls consistently at 25 to 50 yards off hand with the right ammo and I could get every shot on an 8 inch paper plate at 100 yards with it before I got wacked in the head. I can't shoot consistently off hand now because I have tremors, but the gun still will for someone who can shoot. Dad was killing golf balls at 75 yards with my 13-3 every shot. He never missed. I took my 2nd Model of 1891 out to the range this month and was shooting quarter size 5 shot groups with it at 25 yards and it's over 100 years old!
  11. red14

red14 Active Member

We are on our second KIA, they are great. Best warrantee, service people are top notch. Highly recommend it.
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Not only do i shake a little bit but i have the worst eyesight.... i'm glad they still let me drive!
    Also have horrible debth perception.....

gn
  13. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Okay. Gotcha. Sorry. I shake too. Lasik took care of the eyesight, except for having problems seeing the front sight. At least I can see the target now! Ha! Was just wondering if there was an inherent diference in accuracy between semi-autos and revolvers. Guess barrel length would have something to do with it too. Glad you found a gun you like. You really liked it over the Kimber and the Dan Wesson? My son's looking for a semi-auto 1911 style gun.
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The Dan Wesson improves the more i shoot it. I think it will improve more yet?

The kimbers..... no comment. That whole situation is embarrasing....

gn
  15. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I dont know Glock, I think it is becouse I never had much money that I dont care for those flashy high dollar toys. Its like comparing a Cadilliac to a Buick. You get the same ride in a Buick but it dont cost as much. I dont know man.