Dang it is HOT, all be careful...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjmitchell60, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    It is in the upper 90s with the dew point and humidity so high that the heat index is well over 110!!!! I mowed part of the yard and put the riding mower back up. Joey cut some 2"x2"s to length for one of our wall tents and he was wringing wet with sweat. We are putting chunks of ice in the outside dogs water. They say this summer is the hottest in 60 years. Could be all that BS and hot air coming from WASHINGTON D.C., what do yall think. Anyways yall be careful out there in this; there are heat warnings in a HUGE chunk of the country, from the Rockies all the way to the Atlantic Ocean!!! We have high school football teams all over the state cancealing practice in this heat. One had 6 players go to the hospital for heat exhaustion. One football field with a artifical turf on the field checked the heat index on it and it was over 126 degrees, that was as high as the meter went!!!

So if in this heat, slow down, drink LOTS of fluids, and check on others (your out doors pets as well) to make sure this heat claims NO lives.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

You got that freakin right. 106 in my fromt porch right now. I hate it!:mad:
  3. big steve

big steve New Member

Yeah it is real hot out
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

In NH in July we had 21 days 90 or over which is unheard of for up here. The average temperature was 4 degrees hotter than normal but we did have snow on Mt Washington one day. Mt Washington is only 6,000 ft high but has some of the most extreme weather in the world. The highest recorded wind speed of 238 MPH was recorded up there and it can be 90 at the base and you get to the top and it will be in the 40's.

It was over 90 today and will be again tomorrow and the dew point is 69-70 so it's nasty for up here as well.
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

It sure beats 4' of snow..............
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Y'all should come to Seattle and help displace some illegal and dead voters.

Warmest winter on record, and this summer will go down as one of the mildest. It all averages out.

We have SeaFair this weekend!:D

The Navy ships are at the piers, and the Blue Angels will perform for two days as usual. Hydroplane racing on Lake Washington for two days as well.

Hydroplane racing originated in Seattle. The Seafair cup is the gem on the crown for the sport.

Weather will be cool as usual (mid 70s), but perfect for us PNWners.:)
    I think the weather this year will cancel the 'high' show by the Angels, but the low show is still fabulous.:p

Keep cool out there, and get your fluids.
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

It's been a hot and wet/humid all summer here as well. Today was the hottest so far...and didnt notice it that much til I was out mowing..thought it was hot!
    Came home, and my temp ga. is in the woods and the shade and it read 94 degrees.
    May not seem that hot to you all temps, but it was the hottest day here yet.
  8. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

102 here. i almost died
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

no it dont. at least you can roll the snow into an army of reactive targets for plinkin;) plus i dont sweat as much in the snow...:)
  10. Zane71464

My thoughts exactly JLA! Talk about haveing to really use the gun oil as of late...Man, I think I sweat 100% salt sometimes...:(
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

you and me both bro. My hardhat liner is white from the salt in my sweat... Its supposed to be red:eek:
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We have been hitting the 103 mark here, three days in a row, with a heat index of 117! Been out cuttin grass on the place for the last couple of days. Get up at 5AM so I can get started around 6AM. I'll cut untill it gets to hot, then I come in for a shower, and just sit under the AC with some lemonaid.
  13. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm north of you Jim, but this is the hottest, muggiest year I can recall. It just leaves me wilted (that and the extra tonnage that I've put on). It rained a little yesterday, but only enough to raise the humidity even further.

I don't think that I've been to the range in about 6 weeks. Of course this new puppy of mine take up a lot of my spare time.

Of course, 6 months from now, we'll all be bitchin' about the cold. :D
  14. Zane71464

Aint that the truth!!! lol
    Been bad in our neck of the woods (for what we are used too) When I got home yesterday was watching the weather and it rained all around me, but right near Portsmouth they said that was the hottest...even when I was on the riding mower, that sun was out and it felt like someone had a heat lamp on me for about 2 hours, I was soaked right down to my knees, literally.
  15. durk

durk Active Member

Not for me. I'll take snow over 100 degrees any day.:)