DANG THE LUCK, ANYHOW!

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/16/02 11:40:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All DANG THE LUCK, ANYHOW!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, the infamous Arizona big game permit draw is official and my score is - 1 for 4!

Missed out on the elk, antelope and turkey. Did manage to snag a late whitetail hunt up in the Rim Country in late December (the rut period here).

Looks like the New Mex mule deer hunt with Cointoss in November, then maybe tagging along with him back to his place in Michigan for whitetail just before Thanksgiving is gonna have to do it.

Sure is a loooooong time from now to November, tho!!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/17/02 7:32:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Yep
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It'll be here before ya know it though, I guess Troy and I will be building deer stands and shreading this weekend, provided I dont have to work due to this rain getting us behind.

oldguide32
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/23/02 8:52:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Yep
    Ken, maybe you don't attach enough $$$ to your application. Up in Butte, Montana, the old natives advise just signing a blank check and let the people in charge of tags fill it out. Shucks, how do we know what they need. lol Jack in Oregon

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/23/02 5:49:23 pm)
    Jack, great to see you posting here. I love reading your stuff on the other forums. Real good to have you around.

oldguide32
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/23/02 6:18:07 pm)
    Thanks, Shooter. I read and browse a lot without posting. But I figure anywhere that Ken Woods is involved must be a very pleasant place. I usually check in over at Matthew's also. Good day to you, also.

The Wile E Coyote
    (7/23/02 8:39:01 pm)
    Washington's drawing is done also. I'm 2 for 3 this year. Got drawn for deer and turkey.... questions is.. how do you hunt late season turkey...

Coyote

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/25/02 6:25:24 pm)
    You normally ambush 'em in the fall!

Don't know about there, but most states allow any-sex turkey in the fall, toms only in the spring.

Most flocks will respond to clucking on a call - the strange thing about turkeys is the flock comes to the lost bird that is calling.

Again, a lot of states allow the use of either shotgun or rifle when hunting turkeys. The ol' .22 Hornet gained quite a reputation with the hunters of yore - most carried a shotgun AND a rifle.

I use a Li'l Jake box call and have equal success in the spring and fall with it. a Ruger M77/22 in .22 Mag or .22 Hornet (have both) is legal here and my choice for fall.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"