Dangerous Book for Boys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bodyarmor, Mar 7, 2009.

1. bodyarmor

bodyarmor New Member

I found this book the other day and thought I'd share it with everyone. It brings back so many memories of being a kid without computers and ipods. If any of you have boys, this should be a required read for your kids!!

Enjoy:Dangerous Book for Boys
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Hey, I bought one of those for my son, excellent book.

Watch doin in Cambridge? Spread those fibres around there.....

Figured it out, just sell or make them?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
  3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I have one also, for me about as much the the boys though!!
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

it's sick, kids nowadays are too lazy to build anything. As far as the book goes the publisher will end up getting sued. How dare you teach a boy to make a bow and arrow. :mad::mad::mad::mad: maybe i am just mad but when i was 9 i went into sears and looked up the oil filter for my parents car and changed it myself. I had to stand on the bottom shelf to reach the top shelf to view the manuel. The guy behind the counter watched me and was shocked that i picked it out by myself. What an ahole. I had my bb gun and was killing doves at this age. My cousin and I would stew them. blew up my first lawnmower engine at 11 cause i was using alchol to run the thing. today i can't find a kid who knows how to change oil. AND THERE 15, IGNORANT STUPID AND LAZY. If anything ever happens in this world the new generation will curl up in the fetal position and die.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

good book all boys should get into if their mama's, school teachers, lawyers, and govt let them. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've purchase 4 or 5 of those over the past few years for various kids I know. One of the parents thanked me. For giving it to his DAUGHTER. :D

Pops
  6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Thank you for posting about this! I'd never heard of it before, but am going to buy one immediately!
  7. chris_tessmer

chris_tessmer New Member

thanks for the post!! i have a few friends who would love to get this for their kid. it is so true, todays kids are too addicted to tv, video games and computers. when i was a kid (i live on a farm so i may have an advantage) i built my first tree house when i was 7. when i was 12 i helped my dad rebuild the motor on our john deere. i got in trouble alot in kindergarten because i used to bring my homemade bows and arrows to school to show them to my friends. i was always making something. and now because of the childhood i had, no video games or internet, i can do just about anything with my hands. and my sons, if i have a son im only 24, will sure know how to do all the things i can. dont get me wrong i like the internet and tv and video games just as much as the next guy but i prefer to get up and do something constructive. great book, every kid should read it...not just boys.
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

The farm is a big advantage. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We could have been so much more without suburbia.
  9. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

ahem, Vladimir...I'm from suburbia, and I turned out all right *hair flip* :)

BTW...my "Dangerous Book for Boys" is on its way! (It WILL contain the "man code," right?)
  10. chris_tessmer

chris_tessmer New Member

lol i love the hair flip :) let us know what ya think of the book.