1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Dating a Spaniard

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Oakman, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Oakman

Oakman New Member

Anyone know of a website that would help me date a Spanish made handgun? It has an "E A" next to the word FAST on the slide. I take it for granted it must be made by Echave & Arizmendi and it looks exactly like their Echasa / Dickson model. Mine is a .32 cal. I have no clue how old this gun is and whether it is pre-Spanish civil war or post. Any help on dating would be appreciated.

Bob
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I imagine that Pot Metal Bob.... errr..... Bob In St. Louis is the man to answer your question. I think he's having a slight problem logging on to the new board, but he'll be along shortly.

Got any pics of it?
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

You have an Echasa pistol, the Fast was made mostly in the late 1950s to 1970s range. The Spanish used a year date code proof, which is a letter, or a letter and a number together, with an "*" above it. This proof is normally found on the left side of the frame, or under the left grip panel, or just inside the mag well. Additional proofs will be a shield with an "X" in it, and a flaming bomb shape with a "P" in it.

If you find the proof, you can let me know and I will look it up, or you can go to the Sociedad Largo website: 9mmlargo.com
    and scroll down to the bottom of the main page, and you will see a link to the Spanish year date codes.

Hey! Just noticed we are neighbors! I will be set up at the "All Military" show at the Machinist Hall in Bridgeton (St. Charles Rock Road) this weekend, if you get up to the show.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Dating a Spaniard?????

Oakman...if you really want to "date a Spaniard", I'd suggest you contact Senior Roberto in St. Louis...he's real cute with that rose between his teeth, high heels, and castanets. :D
  5. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

I dated a Spaniard once...she was very hot!!!!!
  6. Oakman

Oakman New Member

Actually I dated a Spaniard way, way, way, way back when I was in the military. It was an interesting time, neither one of us spoke the other’s language....except the language of SEX!!

Thanks for the information Bob in St. Louis, the year code was hiding under the right grip. It was made in 1969 but it looks more like it was made in 1939 and well used.

One of these days I’m going to take the time to figure out how to put together a web page on AOL and then I’ll be able to post pictures.
    Bob
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Glad you found the date code! It was somewhere around the late 1950s to early 1960s when most of the Spanish firearms manufacturers went to hiding the proofs under the grips or inside the magazine well in order to produce a more "Cosmetically Pleasing" exterior.

Speaking of cosmetics - Xracer, when are you going to return my pink garter and red lipstick?
  8. Xracer

Bob...I'll send back the pink garter and lipstick, but I'm keeping the high heels and fishnet stockings! :D
  9. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

as long as nobody dated a Spaniel..
  10. Xracer

Hell, I've dated a few dogs in my life...... ;)