Davidsons for guns?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by LDBennett, Mar 4, 2011.

1. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Well, I gave up on the USFA Single Action (5 to 6 months wait is too long), and I could not get a Browning Hi Power for CA (no 10 rounders that my FFL dealer could deal with and the Charles Daly Hi Power I already have is probably good enough).

I also tried to get a Ruger Stainless Bisley Vaquero but the my FFL dealer (Transfer dealer) claimed you could not have them in CA. He was wrong. They are exempted as are all Single Action revolvers with barrels longer than 3 inches and that have an OAL of more than 7 inches. While he dithered the only ones in 45LC I could find were sold.

I gave up on my FFL dealer and went to a local (50 miles away) gun store and he ordered one (hopefully) in 357 as all the distributors appear to be out of the 45 LC version. That's alright. I could use the gun in 357 as I have only one other 357Mag pistol and that's a S&W 686.

It sure is a bummer when gun stores are so far away for buying guns. Everything else is no problem to buy over the internet but it takes multiple trips in CA. Hopefully this is done! I don't think I'll be using that FFL transfer dealer again.

LDBennett
  2. noslolo

noslolo New Member

You already have a 686 and you need another .357? or you want another .357?
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

noslolo:

Every gun I own I NEED. I have three safes full of guns. I WANTED every gun I have. I NEED every gun I have.

Every gun I have has its own personality. Every gun is a little different to shoot. I buy guns that I fancy, not guns that the world view says I should buy. I shoot all the guns I have including collectable guns, vintage guns, and modern guns.

The only 357's I had was the S&W 686 and a Winchester Model 92 re-chambered by someone else [perhaps 50 years ago) for 357. The Ruger will make a nice stablemate for the Winchester.

LDBennett
  4. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

In the 5 years I purchased for a large gunshop chain, Davidson's was the LAST place I would go to get a firearm for a customer. They were always difficult to work with, and usually higher priced than others.
    They did however, almost always have an item not found anywhere else on many occasions.
    I flat out disliked working with them.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I am almost forced to do business with Jerrys. They always have more than anyone else including davidsons. Problem is the shipping. They ship to me second day air and I dont have a choice. I have paid ip to 50.00 for 2 handguns shipped to me. It is NEVER under 30.00 for one handgun. Matter of fact I am getting a ruger lcp with a lazer for someone today and the shipping is 30.00. For an lcp. Then, when I price something I cant hardly make a profit because of the shipping. I deal with another supplier that charges me 10.00 flat rate for shipping 2-3 guns, but they dont have the inventory and I am usually forced to go to jerrys. This is why I discourage anyone wanting to get their FFL if they are strapped for cash. The big boys will step on your neck and keep walking.