Dawn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lead Lobber, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Don't know what happened to that woman, but this looks good ...

Attached Files:

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Did you see or hear about the Israel F-15 that had a midair collision that resulted in the loss of one entire wing? He flew back the airfield and landed it. I think it was the first time in history that that ever happened.

I’ll post it if there is any interest.
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

http://www.sonnyradio.com/F15.wmv

To the best of my knowledge this was the first time that a plane ever landed with one wing entirely missing.

But due to the superior design and the twin vertical stabilizers combined with the available thrust to compensate for the extreme asymetrical lift on the left wing, as well as the adverse yaw of missing one wing. Also, the F-15 fuselage supplies lift. Combined, all this allowed the aircraft to maintain controlled flight at 250 to 260 KIAS. Like he said, he landed at near twice the normal 130 KIAS.

Amazing
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

6. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

I'd have liked to seen the video, but, and it's a BIG BUT (like mine), I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate a couple days ago. When I clicked on your link, a window came up to run Microsoft Media player, version whatever, so I say okay, and the system crashed! Dreaded blue screen of death, and all.

I am so fed up with Windows, I swear (as I have been doing for years) to get a Mac next time. Maybe a Big Mac. The upgrade also screwed the scan and fax software for my new printer. I was on the phone with HP for 1.25 hours, at which point the call timed out, and I was cut off from Wayne in Canada, which cost $226.86 on my Discover card. And the problem remains unresolved.

Wanting to shoot something, I took Dirty Harry (my new S&W 29) out today to the range and popped 50 .44 specials and 50 .44 magnums, killing two silouettes dead. Really dead! Great way to release tension, frustration, and anger. I have not been shooting for about 10 years, so breaking Dirty Harry's cherry really felt good.

Sorry, guess I am wandering off the subject.

Wait a minute, what WAS the subject?

LL
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Let’s see if any of you can guess what airport this is.
    Good luck!!

[​IMG]
  8. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Tombstone?
  9. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

Nothing more awesome than flying all night and seeing the sun come up over the horizon in the morning.

Don

Edit to add: Incidentally, I did see the video of the Israeli pilot in the F-15 incident. That was UNBELIEVABLE. That F-15 is one very well designed plane. The fuselage provided the lift necessary for it to make it back to the airfield. And, the pilot was a COOL dude.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2007