Daytona 500

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysacres, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

OUCH !
    Dale Jr made a bad move and took my car # 18 M&M's OUT, It had such purdy paint ti'll dat happend.

Who's your Driver and car # why?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. BobR.

BobR. New Member

That donkey is lucky Dale's daddy wasn't driving.
  3. doug66

doug66 Member

Bad Move, to say the least. When interviewed he blamed Vickers for the wreck. On his pit penalty, he said they needed to look at changing the rule for pitting out of the box. When ask about missing his pit stall, he said all the stop signs were the same color.

Poor little Dale Jr.
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Jr can do no wrong only because he is $$$$$ for NASCAR.
    As for driving ability he isn't even an average driver.
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

If any of you all noticed, he was hit first while trying to avoid the collision. And no I'm not really a Dale fan, but come on. Shoot, his Dad would have held the line and let him spin out off of his bumper.

The best part of that whole crash was that the M&M car was taken out, good job Dale. :) I'll have to send him a buck for that one, hehehehe.

I have always been a Gordon fan, then came along Kayne. I saw the way he drove in his first year and said wow I hope that kid does good. I'm glad to see that Bud picked him up.
  6. ysacres

Who your Daddy

Attached Files:

• M&M.jpg
      M&M.jpg
      File size:
      86.7 KB
      Views:
  7. ysacres

This was my favorite car.

Attached Files:

8. Marlin T

Good sign LOL I'm not a fan, so I'll leave. LOL

Didn't S&W have a Bush car?

I would love to see a Berretta, S&W, Glock, Remington, Springfield, Kimber, ..., ... car running around the track. Now THAT would be cool
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I actually pull for Kenseth, 17. My wife told me the race was called and Matt was in the lead. I said, "well, a win by default is better than no win at all...." I was outside planting trees and she had been watching the race. The only explanation I have is that her Daytona blood runs deeper than I thought... She typically doesn't care about races but her whole family is from Daytona.

I pull for the Roush Team because I'm a Mustang nut and Roush makes some mean tuner Mustangs. I pull for Kenseth specifically because he's '17' and well, I have some weird fascination with that number... :D
  10. 45nut

45nut Active Member

NASCAR has dumbed down racing until it's not exciting any more. The best part of yesterday's race was when that snot nosed punk Kyle Busch got sent nose first into the wall.

If Jr could just get his head out of his ass, he might win a race or two this year.

I miss real racing, but alas, with "competition cautions" and penalties for bumping down the backstretch, the best part of any NASCAR race, is the Saturday night party BEFORE the race. Plenty of bead filled memories to keep my mind off of the boring race. :eek: :D:D
  11. dge479

dge479 New Member

I hav'nt been watching lately, Last racing I was real iinto was when Marlin ran the #40 Coors car. Wife works for a Coors dist, & I got a bunch of cool stuff.
    I was always a Petty fan, but its a Loooooonnnng time since thy were real competative.
    I miss the days of the Petty/Pearson battles. The old #43 Dodge Charger. Long may she run.
  12. meatguy

meatguy New Member

Stewart fan here , he knows how to win . Just give him a car and cut some silly rules ,then he will bring some excitement back to nascar. scott
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Well, i'm going to make most of you shake your heads and wonder. I once got a driving tip from Sterling Moss at Nurbergring and he has been "the man" since, for me. :D :p

The tip he gave me? "Drive someplace else." :D:D:D

Pops
  14. Marlin T

What a track that place is, especially the long route. Very beautiful too from the pictures and vids I have seen.

Nice tip, encouraging huh?
  15. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Nurbergring! Now, THAT's racing!