DE .50

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Helldorado, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Helldorado

Helldorado New Member

hey just wondering what you guys think about the Desert Eagle .50 cals. Ive heard they have jamming problems. Is this true? what other problems do yall know of? and what is yalls general opinion about them? Thanx alot!
  2. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

aside from 20 rounds costing more than 200 rounds for 9mm they are fun and acurate. I would go with th .44, the gas operation of the DE makes them pretty tame. The .50 is just a bruiser. Good for hunting and what not, fun to show the friends, but if you look at most gun store stocks, most of them are used, and the new ones they do have re-appear as used ones soon. People think that they are the end all be all gun. They have huge grips. And yes I have heard of jamming, usually from hand loading and adding to much powder. I think I will just let the movies romanticize them and let them collect dust in real life. Granted if you don't mind carrying around a 17 lb. hand gun you will make whoever is on the business end poop their pants (if it ever comes to that), personally I would just drop that gun on their foot or throw it at them, cheaper and less noise.
  3. loader44

loader44 New Member

50AE D.E.

As the owner of one of theses bad boys, ( used to own ). I loved the thing, Yes it is expensive to shoot, if you dont reload, if you reload your own, its about .26 a round to shoot. Not to bad in my book. It is a handfull, more than a 454, but I could shoot 100+rds per day with no problem. Wish I still had it , but the guy with the cash has it now ( actually I have some of his cash now ). But everything has its price, as you all know. Its a good weapon, if you have extra money burning a hole in your pocket. There are other weapons at lower prices to have fun with. But if you want to turn bowling pins into toothpicks, this IS the weapon of choice.

loader44
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Don't know anything about them, but I guess i'm off on a "Google" search now!...;)
  5. frosty

frosty New Member

Nothing but a gun to show off with.

To expensive to shoot.

Worthless as a carry gun............you want the bullet to stop, not go through the bastard and through two children standing behind him!

Unless you get the .357 in the Desert Eagle, that might be o.k.

Just get a .45 1911.:D
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

What FROSTY said! If you can't do it with a 1911, you needed a RIFLE!
  7. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Saw one at a show this weekend. Chome and Gold Package. $1200 or so. Obvioulsy requires someone who wears a 44 Long to conceal - not to metion the gym time!!

My opinion? Pimp gun....

(No offense intended to any actual pimps who may be reading this board...)
  8. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I find them very interesting but doubt I'd ever own one. My Raging Bull .500 Magnum fills all my big bore needs at the moment.
  9. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

10. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Someone told be it loses accuracy after 10 rounds because the barrel gets hot and just chunks lead all over the place.
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

12. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Didn't see that one coming, now did you? :p
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Well, it really makes me rethink my wife's shooting the .44 Magnum Taurus Tracker I have on the way... She weighs a mere 92 lbs... :eek:
  14. zebulonsmith

zebulonsmith New Member

To those who like them, I wish you the best.

Personally, I file them in the same drawer as Hummers and cruisers with loud pipes and too much chrome. It will fit the bill if it is what you want. The gold plated models see at every single gun show I visit don't help their case.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008