The Firearms Forum banner

De Blind Be Set Up!

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Sika Deer 
#1 ·
This evening, I set up my new AmeriStep Outhouse blind IN THE HOUSE! Easy to do, neat concealment, not bad to refold as well. It will do just fine! Can't wait to try it in the field.

By the way…GREAT wheelchair access.

http://www.ameristep.com/

#2 ·
Them are good blinds, I went with the Penthouse blind though as I require assistance loading and operating the weapon saftey as I'm a Quad. my brother made a folding plywood floor for both my blinds and what an inprovement ...no more spinning out or difficultly maneuvering for a shot and noise from any under-brush is eliminated.

Attachments

#5 ·
Those are some great photos! Great that your brother made that floor. I get help from my wife's brothers (5 of 'em) for stuff like that.

The little Outhouse won't fit my 4 wheeled scooter, just my manual. But for me to use the extra windows, I'll need the manual anyway.

One of those outlaws has a storage building business next to where I hunt so I will have to bug him about some plywood. That's a great idea, even for this manual!

Not trying to be nosy, but I would love to see you operate that rig. I am always amazed at how well technology is helping us.

Here's how I progressed:

June 84 Instant complete T-4 para from vehicle accident.

Thru the 80's: depression over lack of ability to hold rifle well. T-4 ain't got no chest muscles to speak of.

In the late 80's: CoWorker introduces me to the "use a broomstick and shoot with that" technique. Works so well I buy a 5 piece paint stick so's I can break it down and stick it in my backpack.

Middle 90's: (Chincoteague)- I rig a holder on my manual for a 1 inch dowel rod and a homemade rest. Works great! Still use it.

Last year: Acquire 4 wheeled electric fer them harder to push thangs. Rig a removable rifle rest on front end. Got me 3 Sika with that outfit!

This year: Added a crossbow to the inventory and now this here blind. Ought to be a hoot!

But...I still admire your ability to get out there and get it done!

Oh yeah...I have an FFL, and try to use it to buy firearms etc for the disabled (of course, it's helped MY own inventory too). It's called ParaPower Firearms (appropriately enough).

I reasoned that we have enough troubles trying to afford the extra trash we have to get just to shoot this stuff, so why should we have to pay through the nose for firearms. heck, half the time the stocks and stuff get cut up for modifications.

Not trying to solicit business on your site, just trying to air it out!

#6 ·
Good deal, it's always a help having an FFL in the neighborhood...JD (admin / owner) is also an FFL holder and we're practically neighbor's so he keeps me squared away, but I'm sure there's likely some members in your AO that would be lookin you up ...the rigg I use doesn't require any mod's to the gun or cross bow and adjusts to any long gun or cross bow easily ...the only thing is you need a scope with long or unlimited eye reliefe, on my rifles I use a T/C pistol scope 3 x 9 with a 20 in eye relief and my shotguns a red dot aim point with unlimited eye relief probably go with the red dot on my Quad 300 also...I have put some high visibility peep sites on my .54 cal Hawkin but I haven't tried 'em out yet...I aim my rig with a joystick using my chin after I rough it in with my power wheelchair controls, I can turn to my target and recline or decline to get close and then aim with the rigg if its moving I track with the power chair

#7 ·
Man...a next door FFL! It really doesn't get better than that! Cool!

I know a quad in Southern VA who uses an electric. His brother built a custom table/rifle holder for his semi auto Remington 243. He did have to cut the stock to get the fit right. The brother made a special aluminum buttplate that also arches behind the shooter's back. The shooter uses a bowel program glove that has the metal hook (ouch) trimmed and inserts it thru the trigger guard. He rough aims with the chair, final aims by adjusting his shoulder, and fires by pulling back on the trigger with his bicep.

Gets 'em every year I hear. Hunts out his back yard as he is in the sticks,

Like I said...my hat's off to you.

#9 ·
By the way, I did order a McKenzie carbonBlock Crossbow target the other day directly from McKenzie. There is only about $2 difference between Cabelas and the manufacturer.

My distributor carries McKenzie but don't stock this target yet as it is new. It's probably about $20 cheaper if I wait, but I don't want to get into the season and not be sighted in. Check it out at

http://www.mckenziesp.com/whymck.htm

Today that site is slooowww

You can also see it at cabelas. Made for hi speeds of that 300!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.