Dead white men lying again...

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Oct 27, 2003.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

<http://ToogoodReports.com/>

Toogood Reports Commentary: Perry Drake

Another Case Of A Bunch Of Dead
    White Men Lying To An Ignorant Black Man
    By
    Perry Drake
    Apparently, my report last week about the unconstitutionality of the federal government's war on drugs upset some people.
    I'm sorry. So sorry. Please accept my apology.
    To those who pointed out the falsehood of my contention, I have some 'splaining to do. You see I assumed – mistakenly as it later turned out – that the U.S. Constitution was the supreme law of the land. So naturally, you can understand why I labored while writing under the erroneous assumption that Congress was more or less straitjacketed by its precepts.
    More so, since the Constitution says nothing along the lines of: "Congress shall have the Power to bar Perry from firing up a doobie when and if he has a mind to," it's easy to see how I could have speciously believed that I could light up a J without fear of the Drug Enforcement Agency dragging me away into the night, kicking and screaming.
    I'm literal that way. I've always assumed that the rules of the game (which our Constitution is) should be fixed and defined in order for them to have any meaning or legitimacy at all.
    My bad.
    Evidently, there are no limits to the power, scope and reach of the U.S. Congress. If I in any way gave the false impression otherwise, I beg your forgiveness. I must have been in a coma (or working at the newspaper at the time – same thing) when that change came down.
    Should have known better, really. After all, it wouldn't be the first time a white man lied to a black man about something as basic as what his rights and liberties are.
    That's right. I done gone ahead and brought race into this discussion.
    This is America, after all. What good or fun is having a conversation with white folks (you certainly don't think that many black people cruise conservative Web sites, do you?) without a little race baiting thrown in for good measure. Guaranteed shut-up juice to most white people.
    But, yes, dear readers. It's true. I was lied to by the white man again. It's time that I call a few of them out, starting with James Madison, perfidious scum that he was when he wrote:
    "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."
    – James Madison, Federalist No. 45, January 26, 1788
    And then there's that lowlife Thomas Jefferson (who still owes me money, by the way), a scalawag known for the blackest (or should I say African Americanest, to remain politically correct) calumnies of the vilest sort, who wrote:
    "I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground that 'all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states or to the people.' To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power not longer susceptible of any definition."
    – Thomas Jefferson, Opinion on the Constitutionality of a National Bank, February 15, 1791
    And is it little wonder why James Jackson's more widely known kin (Tito, Marlon, Michael, Jackie and Jermaine. Related on his father's side, twice removed) disowned him? They were equally shamed (as I am) by his many wicked prevarications, such as:
    "We must confine ourselves to the powers described in the Constitution, and the moment we pass it, we take an arbitrary stride towards a despotic Government."
    – James Jackson, First Congress, 1st Annals of Congress, 489
    There are many others (George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Paine) — all white, all male and all quite dead. When I see them again I am going to hit them so hard for filling my head with a bunch of addle-pated notions about the Constitution.

© Copyright 2003 — This report, is submitted by the writer for publication exclusively in Toogood Reports, but remains the property of its author and may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the writer's express prior written consent. The opinions and facts expressed herein are those of the writer alone, who is solely responsible for its contents, and does not purport in any way to represent Toogood Reports, its owners or its management.
    To comment on this article or express your opinion directly to the author, you are invited to e-mail Perry at pdrake4153@cs.com .

NOTICE TO WRITERS: To obtain required information prior to submitting your essay to Toogood Reports for publication send for “Commentary Submissions” guidelines. Nonconforming submissions will not be considered for publication.

October 26, 2003

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
    Toogood Reports contributor and "Best of the Web" award-winning writer Perry Drake is a professional journalist in Plainfield, Ill. He is a great American conservative who writes with a unique perspective on the issues of the day. Perry is married and has two children. You can email him at pdrake4153@cs.com. .

Copyright 1999 - 2003 by Toogood Reports. All rights reserved.

__________________________________-
    Reproduced here under the "fair use" doctrine of copyright law.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Great commentary, Pops.

Cites just about everything that we have been saying and says it eloquently.

This is what we are, or all of us should be, fighting for. Not just the 2nd Amendment, but the entire Constitution. Without it in effect, all is doomed.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Dang white people.... :rolleyes:
  4. stash247

stash247 New Member

Was all 'dem white guys former Marines? All that stuff they're talkin' makes me think "a few good men".....