The Firearms Forum banner

Dear Kel Tec... Stop advertising stuff that you can't or won't deliver...

9K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  76Highboy 
#1 · (Edited)
From the KSG to the PMR, stop advertising crap that you can't or won't deliver. I've been looking for a PMR 30 for over 2 years. I've never seen one in a store. 1 store says that they've seen a couple (literally, 2) in 2011, while another says that they saw 1, ever... Online gun stores don't get the PMRs but yet your website still pushes them.

I've seen the same with the KSG shotgun. Either put up of SHUT UP Kel Tec... Really! That is all... :)

Let me explain why this criticism is here and public... I tried for a long while to vent to Kel Tec on their site but every time I tried I was given a message that said that the security code did not match. They use a security code like ticketmaster for validating communications, however their code never worked with Kel Tec. Is this a method to restrain criticism of the company?

#2 ·
Kel tec can kiss my rear end. They make promises they cant keep and they wont return emails or phone calls when they are called out on the product. I could have sold dozens and dozens of pmr30s and other kel tec guns that they just cant deliver and they have no comment as to why I still cant get them. I wouldnt buy their stuff now if they did produce it. As for their shotgun, I will go with the saiga anyday over theirs.

#4 ·
Pony, I don't know if that is a ploy to avoid criticism but, I had a similar problem trying to leave positive feedback for a sporting goods store just the other day. I kept reentering it, using a new security code every time, but it kept telling me there was a problem entering my review. What may be happening, and what I fear is, that web browsers might be somehow interferring with secure communcations with firearms related sites. It wouldn't surprise me.

#5 ·
In Keltec's defense, they are running 3 shifts, seven days a week.
Really? Then why cant they at least supply a few pmr30s to the public? Three years later and still nothing except broken promises. I wont buy their product.

#10 ·
i just went to 3 of the popular auction sites and searched pmr.

got from half a page to more++ of high quailty hits of units for sale. so they are getting them out to someone. some wer e listed NIB.. etc..

perhaps regional distrobution?

#12 ·
If they're making them as fast as they can, that's all they can do. If you owned a gun manufacturing company would YOU invest in a major expansion right now? I wouldn't! BTW- Keltec did just increase their production capacity via an expansion.
I have had a PMR 30 for at least 1-1/2 years. Keltec sells through distributors. If a dealer buys a LOT of guns from a distributor, it carries a lot of weight. Those dealers get preferred treatment on hard to get guns.

#14 ·
I am not sure why anyone would want a PMR 30 anyway...I have read they are only a 4.5" barrel, and they shoot 4.5" groups at 25 yds. For a small game pistol, that is hardly good enough accuracy. The short barrel kills the balistics too. Sure you have 30 shots, you might need them!:eek::p:D

Regards, Kirk

#15 ·
I am not sure why anyone would want a PMR 30 anyway...I have read they are only a 4.5" barrel, and they shoot 4.5" groups at 25 yds. For a small game pistol, that is hardly good enough accuracy. The short barrel kills the balistics too. Sure you have 30 shots, you might need them!:eek::p:D

Regards, Kirk
Kirk,

I have a feeling that accuracy report came before the barrel change. The barrels that came in the first generation (about 4 or 5 months, I think) would consistently keyhole with lots of ammunition, which of course kills any hint of accuracy.

They made a change (twist rate, I think) that has corrected the issue, at least according to all reports I've heard.

#16 ·

Regards, Kirk
The only thing inaccurate about the pmr is what you have read about it. I only have 2 boxes through mine and its way better than that.

#17 ·
Don't know if any of you know this but keltecs main area of manufacturing is aircraft parts.All other business comes second.I got this info from a guy working at a gun store last week when I asked why they lag so far behind in demand.Guns are not a priority for them apparently.Current wait time for a sub2000 at his shop is about 1 year.

#20 ·
I've wanted to buy their stuff a few times (KSG, the PMR specifically) but nowhere to be found. Never seen one. I still want to give both a try but think I will wait until the kinks get worked out, heard of issues with the KSG. Granted, never tried real hard as I've not had the extra $$ but ya know.

Heard mostly good stuff about the PMR, I still want one to see for myself.

#23 ·
you just gotta ask the right people at the right times...personally i think kel tec is being very smart in a sense. think about it. if they hardly release any of their high demand items, they stay high demand and they can jack the price up. if it only costs them $60 to produce a sub-2000 but they sell em for $430 why would they make them easier to get and let the price fall to $320 or lower?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.