Dear Kel Tec... Stop advertising stuff that you can't or won't deliver...

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by ponycar17, Jun 29, 2012.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

From the KSG to the PMR, stop advertising crap that you can't or won't deliver. I've been looking for a PMR 30 for over 2 years. I've never seen one in a store. 1 store says that they've seen a couple (literally, 2) in 2011, while another says that they saw 1, ever... Online gun stores don't get the PMRs but yet your website still pushes them.

I've seen the same with the KSG shotgun. Either put up of SHUT UP Kel Tec... Really! That is all... :)

Let me explain why this criticism is here and public... I tried for a long while to vent to Kel Tec on their site but every time I tried I was given a message that said that the security code did not match. They use a security code like ticketmaster for validating communications, however their code never worked with Kel Tec. Is this a method to restrain criticism of the company?
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Kel tec can kiss my rear end. They make promises they cant keep and they wont return emails or phone calls when they are called out on the product. I could have sold dozens and dozens of pmr30s and other kel tec guns that they just cant deliver and they have no comment as to why I still cant get them. I wouldnt buy their stuff now if they did produce it. As for their shotgun, I will go with the saiga anyday over theirs.
  3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

In Keltec's defense, they are running 3 shifts, seven days a week.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Pony, I don't know if that is a ploy to avoid criticism but, I had a similar problem trying to leave positive feedback for a sporting goods store just the other day. I kept reentering it, using a new security code every time, but it kept telling me there was a problem entering my review. What may be happening, and what I fear is, that web browsers might be somehow interferring with secure communcations with firearms related sites. It wouldn't surprise me.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Really? Then why cant they at least supply a few pmr30s to the public? Three years later and still nothing except broken promises. I wont buy their product.
  6. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

they may have production probs.. but the stuff they produce is decent quality. i have a p32, p3at, and a su16c all fine surefire no probelm weapons.
  7. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

I got my PMR a year ago, it has had lots of rounds thru it with no problems. Paid MSRP but hey I got one
  8. soundguy

they are all over GB.. i assume on other gun auction sites as well..
  9. stumper1300

stumper1300 New Member

They must be getting them out to some shops. Lots of happy owners on the keltec owners group forum.
  10. soundguy

i just went to 3 of the popular auction sites and searched pmr.

got from half a page to more++ of high quailty hits of units for sale. so they are getting them out to someone. some wer e listed NIB.. etc..

perhaps regional distrobution?
  11. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

dont know if I would want a KSG if I could get one almost everyone that has them Ive heard or read their reviews say they are nothing but problems
  12. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

If they're making them as fast as they can, that's all they can do. If you owned a gun manufacturing company would YOU invest in a major expansion right now? I wouldn't! BTW- Keltec did just increase their production capacity via an expansion.
    I have had a PMR 30 for at least 1-1/2 years. Keltec sells through distributors. If a dealer buys a LOT of guns from a distributor, it carries a lot of weight. Those dealers get preferred treatment on hard to get guns.
  13. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo New Member

I hav e ordered and payed for a Kel-Tec PMR 30 over a year ago from my dealer. still waiting on it.
  14. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

I am not sure why anyone would want a PMR 30 anyway...I have read they are only a 4.5" barrel, and they shoot 4.5" groups at 25 yds. For a small game pistol, that is hardly good enough accuracy. The short barrel kills the balistics too. Sure you have 30 shots, you might need them!:eek::p:D

Regards, Kirk
  15. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Kirk,

I have a feeling that accuracy report came before the barrel change. The barrels that came in the first generation (about 4 or 5 months, I think) would consistently keyhole with lots of ammunition, which of course kills any hint of accuracy.

They made a change (twist rate, I think) that has corrected the issue, at least according to all reports I've heard.