Dear Kel Tec... Stop advertising stuff that you can't or won't deliver...

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by ponycar17, Jun 29, 2012.

1. stumper1300

stumper1300 New Member

The only thing inaccurate about the pmr is what you have read about it. I only have 2 boxes through mine and its way better than that.
  2. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

Don't know if any of you know this but keltecs main area of manufacturing is aircraft parts.All other business comes second.I got this info from a guy working at a gun store last week when I asked why they lag so far behind in demand.Guns are not a priority for them apparently.Current wait time for a sub2000 at his shop is about 1 year.
  3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Keltec's primary business is firearms manufacturing.
  4. LyleLovett666

Looked it up and there is a company called kel tech that makes aircraft parts but they're not in Fla and they spell their names differently.Hard to believe that someone in the biz could be so far off.
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I've wanted to buy their stuff a few times (KSG, the PMR specifically) but nowhere to be found. Never seen one. I still want to give both a try but think I will wait until the kinks get worked out, heard of issues with the KSG. Granted, never tried real hard as I've not had the extra $$ but ya know.

Heard mostly good stuff about the PMR, I still want one to see for myself.
  6. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Last year sometime, I had read that they had problems with heat treating the barrels. Those that had come from off site were wrong, in some way. They were lacking the ability to do it them selves.
  7. LyleLovett666

Hard to know if it's true or not, but the guy who gave me the info about aircraft parts also told me that KT has had problems with outsourcing.They outsourced parts to a company who in turn outsourced the work to another company.Problems followed of course and then lawsuits.
  8. jce07a

jce07a New Member

you just gotta ask the right people at the right times...personally i think kel tec is being very smart in a sense. think about it. if they hardly release any of their high demand items, they stay high demand and they can jack the price up. if it only costs them $60 to produce a sub-2000 but they sell em for $430 why would they make them easier to get and let the price fall to $320 or lower?
  9. jce07a

jce07a New Member

this is also coming from someone who asked the right person at the right time and was able to get himself one a few months back
  10. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Keltec sells to distributors at a fixed price, regardless of production capacity. They are not responsible for (nor do they benefit from) retail prices or price gouging by dealers.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  11. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Bill, as always, thanks for your calm, balanced, informative posts on Kel-tec. A great company.
  12. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good to know. Thanks Dan.