December 7, 1941 and September 1, 2001

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45Auto, Feb 18, 2011.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I could not agree more. They play us like a fiddle and they know the toons we want to hear.

For generations, U.S. consumers have long been the subjects of behavioral studies and research by advertizing corporations. They track each market and sub-market of consumers. The carefully researched techniques used to sell junk food are also used to sell junk political ideas.

They don't care what you as an individual are thinking, but they know group dynamics inside and out.
  2. lentz

lentz Former Guest

there is no war on terror. when was the last time you were terrorized?
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

?? Without the war on terror, you could answer that question.
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

I just wonder what the effect it would have had on the war effort if we had the modern day unions back then?
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

The Unions have only a fraction of the power they once had. It may have wrecked the economy, but outsourcing U.S. jobs and U.S. industries to communist China stripped the unions of members and cash. Of course, many non-union jobs also were outsourced, but that's another story.

At any rate, the Unions are not dead but they are not the threat they used to be.
  6. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

There was a strike at Goodyear that took place while the Iraq war was in full swing.
    Created serious shortages of tires for HMMWVs. Enough to turn me against the unions.
  7. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

Another angle I just remembered to view the unions from.
    We have a maritime law on the books called the Jones Act.
    It requires cargoes being carried on ships between US ports
    to be carried on US flagged vessels with American crews. And
    BTW, the US shipping industry is heavily unionized.

So, when the oil spill broke out in the gulf, there were some very
    good high capacity oil skimming vessels that would've made themselves
    available. Problem was, they were foreign owned and therefore would've
    requied an exemption from the Jones act. Mr Obama was unwilling to
    do that, so it was several weeks before they had any effective oil
    skimming capability on site.
  8. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I think of unions as nothing more than a type of business organization; a corporation with working stockholders. Every business organization should make decisions in the best interest of it’s stockholders' (like Enron was supposed to do, but failed).

Business organizations of every sort have been greedy at times. Some business organizations have even sold out this country to get rich quick. They buy politicians to get favorable tax laws passed, you name it they do it.

I’m sorry if this offends some people, but to dislike one type of powerful business organization (like unions) but not other powerful business organization (like wall street finance firms) shows a lack of independent thinking.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Like you, I was in support of the war in Iraq, but after 3 days, we declared a police action after ending the war. All I could see was Korea, and Nam all over again. I do not believe that we can win anything while fighting a police action, so bring our troups home! All we are doing is giving the Muslim world more amunition. Strengthen our borders, and stop the Muslims from entering our country by crossing our borders.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Not sure what you mean here. You are right when you say there is no war on terror, terror is a tatic, not an enemy. As to the last time I was terrorized, that would be this morning when I turned on my TV, and saw once more, just how stupid the human race is. How incompetent our leaders are, and just how crazy some folks get over just any old thing! This just scares the ____ out of me! That would be the last time I was terrorized!