The Firearms Forum banner

Decent deal on Nagant revolvers?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Bigdog57 
#1 ·
I've I been looking at getting some cheap C&R weapons while we can still do that (forms are going out tomorrow) and wouldn't mind getting a Nagant revolver but as my luck always is the $100 gun less then 2 years ago is alot more now. I was looking and the few I found were around $400 :eek:. So i was wondering where's a good place to look and a decent price on one? Thanks everyone!

#4 ·
My gunsmith had one on his desk a couple of weeks ago.I got to handle it and check it out.It seemed to have a typical Russian wartime finish.I think it has a neat way of the cylinder moving forward to seal each cartridge.I liked it but personally don't think I would pay $200 for one though.But that's me.

#3 ·
Actually they show some in stock! How I missed that is beyond me cause I went on there the other day (although I think I was looking for Mosins and SKSs). Well thank you sir for the help and dang I wish I could find some of them like that now lol.

#7 ·
32 sw long does chamber and fire in a nagant, just no gas seal.

There is also a conversion cyl to shoot 32 acp. I have one.. accuracy is not awesome.. but does open you up to 3 calibers to shoot out of one revolver

#8 ·
Got mine years ago for under $100. Easy to reload for using reformed .32-20 brass and .32 cal lead bullets. A buddy began selling me handloads, then I got the Lee die set to roll my own. No, I do NOT get the gas seal with the shorter brass, but that is fine. It is overly hyped and not needed.
Real Nagant ammo has better availability nowadays, so I do need to try some.

These little revolvers are a hoot to shoot steel spinners with using cast lead bullets, and are a good conversation piece at the range. I'll be taking it again Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.